Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Update SCT Liveload Software

32K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  JonesY's6.0 
#1 ·
#7 ·
what happens if i did not put it to stock when updated it

#14 ·
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAIST A FIRMWARE UPDATE AT THIS POINT !!!!

BEWARE of SCT 6.0 Flash

Truck running great? Think you may wanna 'tinker' with it to get a little more power or fuel mileage ? BEWARE of what "COULD" happen. Although I am sure there are 1000's of users who have successfuly used this with good results just beware of what can happen. It seems SCT is having 'firmware issues' in their products. Most of their dealers will give you a heads up to this and advise you DO NOT UPDATE your firmware. If you DO DECIDE to update your firmware and perform a tunes download I suggest you be sitting outside a FORD service garage. BECAUSE THE UNIT CAN NOT RETURN THE TRUCK TO STOCK. SCT dismall customer support will eat your time like Washington eats our tax dollars. Eventually the will blame it on your 'faulty' ECM (truck computer) that was running perfectly before they abandone you and no longer take your calls. I BLAME MYSELF for tinkering with an amazing running machine. To 'laugh at myself' I started this website so we can all have a pity party

SCT KILLED MY FORD victims site....................

Scepticle of this ? I suggest you GOOGLE the following words in any combination:

SCT ECU FRIED
SCT PCM FRIED
SCT ECU DAMAGE
SCT PCU DAMAGE
SCT PROGRAM FAIL
SCT FORD DAMAGE

#18 ·
I have a 06 6.0 and i was running the sct livewire ts+ and i wanted to change options on my tune and i returned it to stock and tried to program my truck i got a 110be code and its a fail to upload . well i called sct and did all there checks and everything they wanted me to and they told me my stock programing was not all there and they needed to redo the stock program and i was shocked cause i used this tuner for 5 months no issues after the new stock program they uploaded on my tuner i tried to tune my truck back to stock . well with no luck and another code 110dd and i called sct tech line back and they were looking at the strategy and now they told me my tuner will not unlock my truck and that was friday and waited for there call back but it was close to end of business for them and i did not hear anything yet but hope to monday morning cause i cant do anything with my truck and it was perfectly fine and i should not have did any updates on my tuner and just left it be cuz now until they or i figure out what happened i. Dont know what to do .i checked all fuses relays and grounds and if anybody has any information or that can and are willing to help another prowerstroke owner out id greatly appreciate it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.