Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Hit the rollers at SDX

11K views 71 replies 19 participants last post by  cobrat03 
#1 ·
Dynoed the 6.7 with the Spartan 200hp Warhammer updated file on DP Tuners mobile Dynocom dyno Saturday....

497HP 1375TQ

Needless to say I'm very pleased with the results.

#3 ·
Really Stock transmission thats impressive

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#5 ·
damn thats a pretty high torque number, looks like i may be going with spartan when i tune mine since h&s's torque is only at 1044 by their dyno according to their site.

#10 ·
Wonder If a cai would bump it up a good margin Or not

#15 ·
I just gained respect for 6.7 props man

#27 ·
Here's a thread on this site from last year that showed dyno runs over 500hp to the wheels. Those don't show torque though for some reason.
HS Hot vs Spartan WarHammer Dyno Results - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Here's another of h&s's hot tune, also it shows the hot tune with tq2 turned all the way up.
HS and TQ2 Stack Dyno Numbers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

these are just the more official results that i have found, i've seen several random posts claiming similar numbers, but like i said this is the first time i've seen torque numbers for spartan.

what i don't get is why do you not believe with just a tuner and exhaust you can't double the torque? your all-mighty 6.4 does.

#28 ·
Please, let's not start with the almighty 6.4L stuff, you should know better than to open that door because you know where it leads and how it ends.

I'm still not a believer in those numbers, primarily because the 6.7L doesn't have the rail volume to sustain it for more than a short squirt. If 5 second short squirts before sustainable fuel rail pressure falls off are considered, then I do agree..
All the more proof that the 1,375 number were just plain ludicrous..
So take a major + or - in any dyno, (especially mustang) reading..

The best dyno numbers are the 1/4 mile.
Now don't get your blood pressure up, I'm just using the 6.4L time as an example of what 1,100+ lbs of torque look like in 1/4 mile time compared to the 6.7L 1,000? torque. Almost full second difference between the torque curves is more than a couple hundred pounds..

Like I have said before, NOBODY wants to see improvement in the 6.7L more than me. I will probably buy one this fall, but the engine is still not anything to be proud of in any stretch..

#30 ·
I was simply posting some dyno numbers like you asked. I believe you said show me and I'll go get one tomorrow, something along those lines.
Well that Ruby Red Platinum with the black/Pecan interior is killing me, and if the info I have is correct, the next gen truck is three years away.
And I am a man of my word...

#31 ·
if you end up getting it I think eventually you'll find that the engine isn't too terrible. that is a very beautiful truck. I was wondering awhile back how long it would take for a platinum superduty to come out.

if you do end up getting a 6.7 do you think you'll tune it?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#32 ·
I think if gorge gets that platinum he will be happy he did :)
Maybe it won't have the power of the 6.4 but if tuned and exhaust are added
it will have plenty of power. And that pic of the platinum it looks beautiful.
And the fastest 1/4 mile 6.7 I've seen is a local Spartan tune, it ran a 13.6 about 2 weeks ago
I think that's good enough for this heavy trucks right?

#34 ·
According to the order sheet PDF posted, the Ruby Red has a "late availability" label attached to the color. Hopefully not a Job 2 wait, but an early spring build date would be fine since I store it during the winter anyway.... I'll know more next week when I have a chance to get to the dealership and run an order sheet.
That color is nice, but I think the grille surround needs to be painted to match. I'm not a fan of large chrome, or the satin finish in this case. Possibly a black two tone from the local body shop.

Sorry to derail your thread Cobra.
Back to your numbers..which are not possible IMO..

#38 ·
Thanks for the compliment on the looks of the truck George....as for the numbers....I was very surprised what the torque number was as well. I can tell you a 6.4 dynoed 740ish HP and over 1300TQ on the same dyno. I did dyno the truck on Scheids mustang dyno as well for comparison...350HP 980TQ....even on their dyno the 6.7 made impressive torque numbers. As we know a dyno is for reference only...the operator can make them read happy or unhappy. Reguardless, both dynos showed a 275% plus increase in torque over horsepower.

#37 ·
I would love to be running Kem tuning but mike doesn't seem interested in all at doing custom tuning dpf off for the 6.7. I spoke with him two weeks ago and he basically told me he needed a kidney as a deposit that it was only going to be off road tuning. I am in the process of updating my spartan tuner so I can try their stuff out on the 6.7 I have been running hs on this truck so far and like it fine just think there is more potential. I am going to try out the spartan for a while and see what I think then I may approach mike on the hs again and see if I have a kidney to spare. I love the 345 tune on my 6.4.

#39 ·
I talked to Mike a couple months ago to see if he had an updated 345 for my 6.4L. He mentioned that he had hired some new people to help out. Running a business can be a drag when you don't have enough help with the everyday duties to allow yourself the time to do what you do best, and in Mike's case, it's develop power.

#41 ·
I wasted my money on Kem tunes bases on the marketing hype, and that's what it was, just hype. H&S dpf on tunes made more power on the dyno and seat of the pants, better mpg and the trans tune works 1000 times better.

Also, the KEM tunes induced a number of unresolveable problems like surging boost oscillation, trans shifting either very hard or slushy, trans doing the herky jerky in 6th at low speeds and light throttle, the Lie-o-meter loved the KEM tunes, sadly when I hand calculated it was worse than H&S's wild tune.

And I couldn't get Mike to respond to problems until finally I demanded a refund and he finally responded with a link to their no refund policy.

In my experience it was a waste of $400 ($300 for the green card and $100 for the dyno.)

It's deleted now and running way better, was supposed to be on the dyno yesterday, but they went racing so it'll be next week. My 'seat of the pants' prediction is 450rwhp and 900+tq.

#43 ·
Well that sucks and I think Mike has some splainin' to do. Mike really got my 6.4L straightened around from the trans pounding the truck took from Spartan tuning, and the KEM 345 is the best street tune I've ever had, and I've tried a barrel full.
But that was then, but this is now..
I'll be talking to him after Labor Day.

#42 ·
did you dyno on a dunbar or the one just like a foot off the ground outside the shop door? I dynoed my 6.0 a few years ago locally and did 490/880 which was pretty spot on with my mods...... same setup dynoed 410-1050 on scheids dyno.... that dyno has a history of low hp/high torque readings... idk if theres something that needs adjustment on it or what but i would venture to say that your hp is more in the low 500s and torque is closure to 1100 imho.... i had to miss scheid again this year, had to take the neice and nephew to holiday world! LOL

#44 ·
The dyno belongs to DP tuner...it was not Dunbar's dyno, but it was built into a trailer setup. Again, I agree the torque number seems big, but the percentage gain was very close to the same comparing DP's dyno and Scheids dyno. I asked Jody if they had dynoed any other 6.7's and they had...that truck made (if I remember right) 460ish HP and 1160ish TQ and I understand that was with H&S. I can tell you Spartan on my truck feels stronger than the H&S I had before switching. Dyno's are still just for reference only, but it was fun to see the difference between the two and get some idea of where the truck was at power wise.

#45 ·
I was at SDX, too bad id didnt get to see the runs! I never got around to rockin any rollers that weekend but sounds like you had a good time. I also think th tq number was a little high but the hp seemed spot on.

#46 ·
What makes the 6.7 so slow in comparison to the 6.4s? I don't see why a 6.7 can make almost 1400lbs of tq on just a tune and nothing else and people are struggling to run a high 13 meanwhile 6.4s are running in the 12s. Is it the transmission or something else thats holding them back so bad. The times they put down on the track seem embarrassing for that much power, wheres it all going?

#47 ·
The 6.4L came with all the right pumps, strong parts & pieces, as well as fuel and air flow potential from Navistar to make it a monster with a simple tuner.
On the 6.7L, the lift pump, fuel rail flow capabilities and boost production fall far short of the 6.4L. When properly boosted with aftermarket hardware, the rods come flying out of the block and the wrist pins also are prone to bending.

Probably after getting slammed with warranty repairs, looks like Ford has had enough and may have engineered this engine to not be aftermarket friendly like the 6.4L, and to fail if you are overly aggressive.
Unless you want to spend another 10K on the engine, I would suggest just being happy with a tuner, and safe power levels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.