Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

dana 60 prices

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Justincredible 
#1 ·
well i found what i think to be a good deal and was looking for some input. Guy is selling dana 60 front and sterling 10:25 rear with 4:10s for 1200, he has ALL the hardware to do the swap, shocks, springs, shackles, pitman arm, front drive shaft, the whole nine yards. he is asking 1200 and was wondering if this was a reasonable deal.

#2 ·
That doesnt sound too bad last time i was looking for a d60 to do swap in my half ton i found a few people that had front and rear sets with matching gears but the only thing good were the housings and the fairly new ring and pinions pretty much every one need new bearings seals etc. And included nothing else just housing with wore out guts maybe a couple that had steering linkage but they were all around $500 - $800 a piece

#3 ·
Not a bad deal. Just so you know, the f350 driveshaft will be USELESS to you unless you get the F350 front yolk off the t-case.91-95 use a 1356 t-case and 96/97 use a 4407 t-case. the yolks are NOT interchangeable between the 2 cases.

Also, get the track bar, track bar mount and drives side u-bolt plate

#4 ·
yeah, he said all that will come with it. i dont remember if he said anything about the yolk, but ill talk to him and ask him. but i know around here ive seen people selling just a d60 axle for 900-1000. So im thinking i better snag this before its too late.

#6 ·
I know they arent, but thats what everyone is asking.

#10 ·
Not to rub it in, but I found my 91 d60 a couple years ago, with the 3.55 ratio, for $300 including front springs down. But I didn't know about the steering arm at the time. I also had to buy the driveshaft seperate and modify an aftermarket yoke to work.

#13 · (Edited)
The exact axle I need will rarely come up on Seattle craigslist and when they do they want $800 :pointlaugh: When I can buy a whole ******** truck like a nice 95 460 f350 with 200,000 miles for about $1500 with a rod knock or sometimes running perfect and needs nothing. Sell what you can and then scrap the rest... you will probably make money, get good parts to keep, and have that d60.... that is what I recommend to everyone with a brain.

#14 ·
Well i paid 1k for the whole set up with a kingpin 60. Im pretty excited to get it all put it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.