Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

E450 axle to F350?

841 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  ajfetterman 
#1 ·
Anyone know if the rear axle of a E450 would match up and work with an F350?

I eventually want to do a dually conversion and I found I know a guy who works for the local transit authority and they auction the old buses off for a few hundred bucks. I figure it is worth at least double in scrap, but if the axle will bolt up I would snag that and the front hubs and whatnot and part out the 6.0s they have in them then send the rest to scrap yard.

#5 ·
The year range would probably be 04-06 or so I would guess. If they auctioned any 6.4s I would be okay with that too but I assume they would just be early 6.0s.

You get everything excluding the actual tires. Those are rented from Goodyear and must be returned.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_x_19200340-P_x_x?cm_mmc=ACQ-_-Google-_-enhancedRM-_-19200340&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=19200340&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}&gclid=CIj185bqyLUCFcpDMgodfl0AqA#fragment-2

not sure on the bolt pattern tho. may still be worth it to buy one up

#8 ·
Couldn't open the link on my phone and I shut the computer down for the night, so I'll check that out tomorrow. Do you know if the frames the same width?

Not too concerned with bolt pattern, if I did this I'd keep the rims. But I do like having the floating axle.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.