Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Shackle lift concerns

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  NotStock 
#1 ·
Hey PSN,

I recently had 2in shackles installed on my truck to level out my 7.3 F250. I did much research on the internet before buying them and the general consesus seemed that it would be no problem, other then my axle might be slightly off center without an adjustable track bar. My truck now steers and tracks down the road better, but the sway bar now cuts it extremely close to the springs, the ride is a little rougher, and when i cut the steering wheel hard the wheels look to be at a stressful angle. I have not yet got an alignment because I am on a thin buget and dont want to spend the money until I make up my mind about keeping the shackles or not.

Photos ive seen of other 2 inch shackle lifts on the internet show the sway bar cutting it close but not quite as close as mine, or some people seem to have completely removed their sway bars. Should I worry about my sway bar or the stress on the front end? I have gone over some pretty huge bumps and so far no issues. Keep in mind I havent done an alignment yet. It might be a good time for me to invest in a better 1.5-2 inch leveling solution since I have a mechanic who is temporarily willing to do 2hrs of labor for free if I want to swap a different kit in, but my buget is so tight at the moment that I want some 2nd opinions. I'm a newbie when it comes to suspension lifts.

Thanks in advance

See less See more
#3 ·
X2 but...we have 2" hanger kits much cheaper...Sorry Trevor!

You will also need a adj track bar and should ge longer shocks.

KEEP your sway bars...If needed remove the sway bar drop link frame bracket and reinstall under the frame..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.