Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Precision Converter

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  theSLEEPER 
#1 ·
Which stall speed for the Precision converter is best? I know it's a 13" multi disc.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

#3 ·
I would be tempted to go with what ever BTS uses based upon the feedback given in the forums about how well the trans pulls.

I wonder what the stock stall is.....

#5 ·
I went with whatever we usually order... LOL

This was back before i worked for DI, but I know it was a few hundred more than stock. That being said, the converter is so much more efficient that I'm VERY happy that I didn't get a lower stall converter. These converters are HEAVY, and therefore, they have LOTS of energy behind them once you spin them up. I think you will like a stall that is near stock or a little higher.

#7 ·
Generally yes (not always).....there is so much that goes into one it can get complicated.

In my Trailblazer SS I had a Vigilante (made by Precision) converter rated at 1900 RPMs that took lots of pedal to move the vehicle. When I broke the snout off the converter I went to a 2400 Yank that drove like stock, was very "tight" but would still break stall on up to close to 2300 RPMs.

#8 ·
I do not know what Brian did on mine but i like the convertor.

#9 ·
Spoke with Precision yesterday. They said that the 1600rpm stall, 13" Stallion is the most popular converter that they sell for the 7.3.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

#10 ·
At what rpm does the 7.3 really start making torque?

#11 ·
All my dyno logs are gone when my truck was stolen. Hopefully Jonathan keeps a log of dyno runs. I'll give him a call on Monday.

With a diesel's narrow rpm operating range, you'll want a low stall converter unless you have some exotic high revving, high HP 7.3.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

#13 ·
$11 and some change. Plus the HD flexplate at $422.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

#17 ·
It wouldn't be a bad thing, but if your transmission were to take a dump and send metal or whatever through the converter it might not end well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.