Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

To get new springs or start over??? Sorry for the novel

800 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  pitbull62 
#1 ·
Well here is the progression of my truck to give you all a little background. I bought the truck 100% stock and was satisfied with that for a very brief period.
My first suspension mod was a pair of F350 rear blocks which of course didn't change the ride any just raised the rear a little. Let me also add that stock my truck sat almost level so I don't know if the rear leafs were wore out or what.

My second mod was a pair of ready lift 1.5" under spring spacers. Again this didn't alter the ride just hiked the front end up a little. Shortly after installing this I started having the "death wobble." I had almost everything on the front end replaced including tires and adding an $800 adjustable track bar with heim joints on both ends. Only after adding dual stabilizers did the wobble stop. I hated the way the truck drove with this track bar but lived with it for a long time.

Third step was a rancho 4" lift kit that included new radius arms, not drop brackets, and RS9000XL shocks. Once I finally got the lift installed the front end was about 1.5" higher than the back which made me again think that my rear springs were worn out. I didn't want to get a bigger block because the one that came with the kit was almost 5" anyway so I got a procomp add a leaf. Now the truck looks great (to me) but man I'm telling you I was in it for 13 hours yesterday and it just seemed to beat me to death. I run the shocks set at 3 up front and 0 in the back. When you go over a bump on the highway you can see the front end continue to travel up and down several times so I set the shock a little firmer to a 5.

I contacted deaver springs and they told me that they would make me a new set of leafs with the appropriate lift I needed that would make the truck ride like a dream for $950. I told you all this to ask you this, should I cut my losses and return to stock or do you think some new rear springs would significantly improve the ride quality and mind you I know it's not going to ride like a Lincoln but I would just like it to ride at least as good as a Cadillac.... just kidding but a stock ride would be nice.

See less See more
#3 ·
im no expert on this subject but...ive had deavers on my truck for years. before i had the deavers i had skyjackers. IMO they all ride the same and to me they are both close to stock. i would not spend the money on deaver or anyones rear setup... throw some sandbags in the back that will make it ride smoothER...still no caddy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.