Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

3rd Broken Ring and Pinion.

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ZIKA 
#1 ·
So I am going on my forth set. I broke the first 2 pinion shafts with 3.73 gears and then switched to 4.56's. I am running Yukon Gears. Last saturday I stripped the teeth off of the ring gear. I can barely afford to replace the gear set let alone buying and installing a Dana 80. Does anyone have any power proven gears or any braces that i could fabricate to help it out. Note. Yukon now offers a true 10.5 gear set not the 10.25 with the taller bearing.

Thanks

#3 ·
I have been installing them. The wear pattern is perfect.

#4 ·
Doesn't dynatrac make a beefy rear diff cover. Maybe add some stiffness to the housing?

#5 ·
Also based on your sig. Several drive shafts, u joints and axles...what does that mean. Seams like there might be another issue if you have been plagued with rear driveline issues...

#6 ·
Are you hopping during a sled pull?

#7 ·
get standard USA gears.. they have a lifetime warranty and are make by the same company as yukon

a 14bolt would be a good swap but you would have to redril the hubs for 8x170

#10 ·
Well I bought another Yukon gear set with the optional lifetime warranty for $29.95. Randys ring and pinion also gave about a 30% discount due to my history of buying gear sets and lockers.

Has anyone heard if installing a rear diff cover with the girdle helps? Trick flow offers one with the built in carrier bearing support.

As far as the other broken stuff. It started with breaking lockout hubs. So I purchased drive flanges which then turned into breaking the ears off of the front axle stub shafts. I did pretzel 2 front drive shafts during heavy tug a truck which sucks because when it breaks, it dented my oil pan, broke the trans pan, and broke the feul pump off of the frame. I still tug almost every week end but due not pull over 8500lbs anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.