Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Can I run 20% soy diesel in a 2005 6.0

926 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Mhatlen 
#1 ·
My local fuel station has a pump with B20 (soy) and it's only .02 more than the regular diesel. I've read on here that at a 2% blend the lubrication properties are great. You also can't buy much of any good brand name fuel treatments for .02 a gallon. So for .02 extra I was going to try a tank and see if I could see any difference. I know the 6.7's can run B20 from the factory just didn't know about the 6.0's? It's a 2005 all stock with the exception of a 4" turbo back exhaust no muffler.

#3 ·
Hmmmm. Does this mean periodically a tank of b20 will keep the system clean in my 6.7?

#7 ·
The above normal temps this year has put most midwest states in a drought and as a result corn and soy production are down therefore their prices are up. At least thats what I saw on the news and I figured it would affect the bio prices, any excuse to make more money. IMO

#5 ·
Well from the one time I was in BFE Illinoise and needed fuel I ran a tank through my 6.7 and did not notice any difference at all. Mileage was 10 with the load behind me so I can't say any difference. But it was cheaper then.

#6 ·
Bio-diesel is great for its lubrication. It gets a bad reputation because it cleans your fuel system and filters will have to work harder at first. Once you get past the the crap, it works fine. I can't seem to find it where I'm at. Only know of 2 places that have it and they are a 35 mile trip each way. I would happly run a 2% blend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.