Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Feels like its gonna fall off

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SullyPSD 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I recently purchased a 2010 f250 6.4 with a 6 inch pro comp lift on it. I understand now that its not the best lift on the planet but i need some assistance deciding to keep it and try and make it work or go back down to stock height.

What i have...
6 inch pro comp lift
giant coil springs
es9000 shocks x4
drop pitman arm
trac bar relocation
dual front stabilizer
6 inch lift leaf springs
2 inch 4 degree blocks (replaced stock blocks)
radius arm extensions/drop

Here are my problems...
Drive shaft wobble when the truck starts to move. I had a BDS carrier bearing lowering kit put in and the shop tried different heights and what not but i still have some shake. Also have 2 inch 4 degree bocks to reduce the angle from the shaft to the axle.

The front end feels like it really is going to fall off. I noticed that i dont have the factory upper steering stabilizer that attaches close to the pitman arm...do i need it? The pro comp dual steering stabilizer that i have seems to be at an aqward angle. So i get weird wobbles and vibrations in the steering wheel. The es9000 shocks make all kinds of noise when i travel over bumps. I can feel something vibrating or moving under the floor board with my foot when i go over the bumps. When i make a turn the wheel doesnt reset to center, i normally leans a bit to whatever direction i last turned but still drives straight??? In general the front end just doesnt seem very stought.

Thoughts on fixing it...(getting really fed up)
BDS dual front stabilizer
Factory upper stabilizer
Fox 2.0 shocks all around

Thoughts on putting it back down...
hopefully would correct all issues with drivetrain wobble and steering geometry.
Factory upper stabilizer would still be needed. And Factory Pitman arm...i dont have either of those stock items. I might also need new shocks if the factory ones have crapped out from just sitting around.

PLEASE PLEASE help! I have already called some other shops to include truck toyz (very helpful on the phone but cant really help since they are in TX and im in IL) I want to make it right or set it back down to make it right. The truck has to make the journey to AK and i want it to be able to handle it. I just think i bought someone else problems...and he knew i was military...what a D!ck...even if i wasnt military...what a D!ck.
So please provide me with some feed back and i will post pictures soon.

Thanks
MITCH

See less See more
#4 ·
Have you had the front end alignment checked?

Just grabbing at the front end joints may not be enough. Have someone steer the wheel left to right over and over again while you look at all of the steering and trac bar components and check for looseness.

I know ive installed alignment cams on worn out upper ball joints and it caused the front end to bind and not return to center. The solution was replacing the ball joints.

Aaron

#5 ·
Yeah shop just did the alignment and I also had buddy turn the wheel back and forth to check everything. The shop that is lowering the truck is going to look at all the stock parts this weekend and check the lift out to see if I have worn ball joints.

We will just have to see now.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.