Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

How did you mount your train horns? (pics please!)

5K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  HighOn22's 
#1 ·
Just bought a set of train horns for my 450 and wanted to know how you guys mounted your set up. Ended up going with a shocker kit although i would of loved the nathans or something like that. Just couldnt see putting up that much money for some horns.

anyway please post some pics of your set ups !
:bowfast:

#2 ·
Mounted my set up which is a three trumpet set up on the pass side frame rail on the outside of the frame through existing holes that lined up with the mounting bracket.they point on a backwards downward angle

#8 ·
compressor is on a mounting plate i made out of diamond plate and bolted it to my fram with a piece of L Aluminum, have had it submerged a number of times and its fine. Viair compressor

#12 ·
I made a bracket so the horns fit between the transfercase and the fuel tank. Mounted them pointing down so water don't stay inside the horns.

Tank is on the drivers side chassis.

Compressor is in the bed but I need to fit hem somewhere to my chassis because I have stacks now and that air sucker don't like the heat of them :doh:

#17 ·
Honestly, its not going to matter. Put some shop air on those horns and hear how loud they are. I was wondering the same thing and determined to have all by bells facing forward. Honked them once with 90 psi off a garage compressor and stopped worrying about it immediately. LOL

#15 ·
I mounted mine wheel the spare tire went. I bolted a plate to the existing holes on the frame then bolted the horns to the plate and mounted the compressor on that beam which hold the lock for the spare tire simple no corrosion or dirt gets to it then ran the lines to the front

#16 ·
I have the Shocker kit. Tank and compressor mounted along passenger frame rail. Horns are mounted in area in front of fuel tank. I made a bracket out of 1/8" angle to mount them. I think I may have posted a thread on here a while back. If not I'll post photos later. Overall a clean install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.