Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lowering a 4x4... A new take on the idea... Opinions?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  scparrish 
#1 ·
So google, and a search on this site often leads to either bashing lowered 4 wheel drive trucks, or it goes about 5 pages in on how to lower them at most 2 inches front and back due to oil pan/front axle clearance issues...

How difficult would it be to raise the engine/transmission to give extra clearance between the oil pan and front axle.

I've never pulled a 6.0 out so I'm not 100% on how exactly the mounts work, but my question is for those of you who have... Do you think this is possible? If so what would it take?

I spoke briefly with "corey corrupt" a fb friend of mine from Texas whom I added after seeing his 7.3 with 05 front end conversion bright blue/black dually lay frame. That truck was 2wd but he said they have raised several engines to accommodate 4wd issues.

What's your all's ideas/opinions.
And not to be rude, but if all you have to say is "that's retarded, why would you ever want to do that" keep the comments to yourself. This is a sport full of diversity and Im willing to try and break off from the norm.

Also my plans aren't to tuck 30's and drag frame... It's just to get more drop than the standard cut coils and 2inches....

See less See more
#2 ·
Gonna be a lot of fab work. Your gonna have to do something with the intercooler. Whether it be some new pipes or raise it too.

#3 ·
Yeah I mean even if you only raise it like 2 inches up... A new set of intercooler pipes, and maybe lengthen radiator hoses? Although I'm sure there will be some play in them in stock form.

#4 ·
Like said above that would be a lot of fab work. These motors and transmissions are in these truck so tight. I am not saying it can't be done. I went to Corey's FB page and just from looking he looks like he has his sh!t together. Depending on how much you wanted to raise it. They are so close to the firewall also might run into some problems. But if you could get it done, I for one would sure like to see it and I am sure there are a lot of Powerstroke fans that would.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.