Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

**6.7L Phalanx V2.00 Update**

4K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  greyf-250 
#1 ·
**Spartan Diesel Technologies 6.7L Phalanx Tuning Update**

6.7L v2.00 Update will be available by tomorrow afternoon for download on the Spartan website, in the normal updates area.

This update contains the following:

1) 200HP "WarHammer" tune is added to all level 1 licenses, free of charge. It is now included standard for all tuners.

2) 120HP DPF-OFF, 165HP DPF-Off, and 200HP "WarHammer" DPF-OFF have shifting revisions for the harsh 1-2 shift at light throttle.

3) 125HP DPF-ON tuning for pickup trucks (non cab & chassis trucks) has been added in conjunction with the previous 50HP DPF-ON tune.

4) 25HP and 90HP DPF-ON tuning has been added for cab & chassis trucks. This is for DPF-ON use only. Standard DPF-OFF tunes can still be used on these trucks.

5) EGT monitoring is now available (when equipped with EGR Blocker/EGT Kit; I will post a link to a thread explaining this)

**IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ**

This update requires the following:

1) PhalanxUpdate67_200.exe tuning files update (downloaded from our site)

2) Update to DashDAQ firmware version -2136

3) New tuning index file (indexfile.idx on your SD card) from Spartan Tech Support.

4) Index files will need to be obtained by emailing tech support with your name, tuner serial number, and the dealer your tuner was purchased from. A copy of the signed disclaimer will also be needed (if it isn't already on file with us).

>>>>> [B]tech@spartandieseltech.com[/B]

**Update is free of charge, so just email us and we will get the needed files back to you ASAP.**

See less See more
#3 ·
Am I just missing it or did the update not get put up?

#5 ·
wait, so we can download the files tomorrow, but can't use it until monday? :confused:

#6 ·
You download the tuning files update from our site (requires log-in). You also have to email tech support the required info I have posted above so that he can email you the index files. That will begin Monday in the order that your email was received.

Make note, we can't send attachments to "Hotmail" email accounts. For some reason they don't accept our attachments.

Thanks,

Jeff

#8 ·
After emailing Mick the files were not on the website which is what I was asking about. He sent the update file to me along with the new index file. Guess I got in before he went home on Friday.

#10 ·
i emailed back the disclaimer and the email bounced back with the following error:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at oproxy6-pub.bluehost.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<tech@spartandieseltech.com>:
Connected to 216.226.136.70 but sender was rejected.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Mail from 67.222.54.6 rejected; by cwm dnsbl

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

#13 ·
I noticed in the email that the egr delete must be from yall or sdp, but will any kit with a pyro mount be able to work?

#14 ·
This is my post from the EGT monitoring thread. It talks about EGR deletes. As long as the EGR delete is made to allow for the EGT sensor, it's fine to use.

EGT Monitoring Details:

The parameter used on the Phalanx to monitor EGT is found under Ford UDS Drivers, labeled as "Spartan EGT Using EGR Input".

You'll need an EGR Blocker/EGT kit from a reputable vendor such as Street Diesel Performance, River City Diesel, etc. With this kit installed, please ensure that you are using one of the 4 exhaust temperature sensors, removed from your exhaust, installed into the blocker plate and plugged into the wiring harness connector where the old EGR cooler outlet temperature sensor was removed.

The instructions supplied with the EGR Blocker/EGT kit from your vendor should provide ample instructions for this. However, we will be releasing our own instructions set available for download on our site over the weekend.

#16 ·
i got the update and installed the warhammer tune. I'm now getting a check engine light. see image

Attachments

#18 ·
This is an issue I have had on our truck and on a customers vehicle. The Spartan does not read manufacture specific codes and then to top it all off IDS will not identify vehicles with a Spartan tune so you have to identify another 6.7 to check the codes on the Spartan tuned truck. Not a huge issue just a small hassle is all.

Something I had thought about today while at work was with the DPF on tuning does this still shut the EGR functions off so it can be blocked to watch EGT or is that only a DPF off thing?

#17 ·
Go over with the arrows to next categorys an click read codes. See if anything else shows up for codes. Mite help ya narrow it down. Just a suggestion. Don't have a 6.7

#19 ·
Drove the truck for the first time today since reflashing with the new updated software. I tried and tried to get the 1-2 shift to bang and clunk like it use to from time to time and with great pleasure I can report that the shifting was dead on. Great job to the guys at Spartan....the update was worth the wait. I know some lost their patients and expressed great disappointment with customer service but I have been fortunate enough to have experienced great customer service and a quality product. Just wanted to share the good news.

#23 ·
Something I had thought about today while at work was with the DPF on tuning does this still shut the EGR functions off so it can be blocked to watch EGT or is that only a DPF off thing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.