Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What Air bags for Lifted Trucks?

10K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  jbwaldrop88 
#1 ·
Ok well i am going to install a set of air bags on my truck but i need to find the right set. Currently i am at a 8" lift, and 37" tires.

This lift is with Rough Country 6" lift springs and a 4" block. So the distance from the top leaf to the frame is not the same as would a truck with a complete block lift. So does anyone know what distance is required or how I would go about getting a set. I know there is a required space of like 6" between the upper and lower mount but I would like to know whats required for the kit overall just in case i need a spacer. Thanks Trying to get a set installed before friday in Billings MT

#2 · (Edited)
Either Firestone or Airlift I suggest outboard for the added sway stability factor vs inboard

General info for anyone reading this
they sell spacers for lifts if you used a spring lift not sure what u would need spacer wise for your 6 inch spring ? But the airlift spacers are modular in 2 inch increments they just twist lock together

if u used all blocks for the lift get the out board style kit and it wont need a spacer (doesn't apply to you )

I have an 8 inch all spring lift on mine and was just going to make some billet spacers and also modify the lower bracket to raise it about 2 inches to clear the longer u bolts
( bags are dangling in the air right now LOL

you could probably just modify the lower bracket for the 6 inch lift with to sit taller and put a taper on the bottom to match the angle of the spring arch

#4 ·
Pretty sure i am going with the firestone ride rite 2264. Says it works with 4" lift springs so i wonder if it would work without a spacer? What kits does everyone run for a stock truck.

And also I am still looking for the space between the fram and the leaf pack to mount a set if anyone can get that.

#6 ·
good question I forgot they sold then for lifted applications as far as what everyone runs it varies
most like the outboard style but the kits depend on if you have an in bed hitch or not

are your u bolts sticking up through the top of the nuts much ?

#7 ·
U Bolts are sticking about a 1/2" about the top plate and from the top of the U bolts to the top mounting hole of the bracket is about 12 1/2" So by that i would assume i need a 4" spacer to make the differences between the mounting plates 8"

#8 ·
u can always mount the top and the bag then measure the distance and order the spacer

u can leave the bags suspended while the spacer is in transit just don't air them up past the static 5psi minimum without a load on them

I also would have guessed that you would need a 2 inch spacer with your 6 inch springs
and 2 inch over the stock 2 inch block = 4 inch ??

#9 ·
I had firestones on before the 4" lift and I just had to order a spacer for them.

#10 ·
I've had Firestone Ride Rites on all 3 of my Ford trucks to carry my camper. Never an issue with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.