Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Tire clearence questions?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Diesel99 
#1 ·
Ok, so I'm still rockin the 16.5's but I've got 5 sets of them and I like the look of 4 of em except the stupid scorpions I have. Recently I've been wanting to find a set of tires for my Weld mountain crushers and found that pitbull tires have 33x13.5 and 35x14.5 for 16.5. I'm looking at getting the 35's for my truck but wondering if they are gonna rub like an SOB. My trucks a 02 with the tow package and F.550 springs out back and a procomp leveling kit and Icon mini packs up front. Any feedback would be great thank you.

#5 ·
would it rub less with wider rims was gonna use my mountain crushers cause I like them, but have 2 other sets that are 14 wide and one set 12 wide?

#7 ·
But I can tell you you definitely cannot fit 35s on 14 wides with a leveling kit. 33s wont really fit with them either. I'm doing it now and they rub really bad

#8 ·
I use to have 04 f 350 crew cab with a leveling kit. I use to run 35 12.50 16.5 on weld 10" wide wheels. I cut the corner of my bumper and used a ziptie to pull inner fender back. Didnt rub unless you were at sn extreme angle.

On my 00 f350 Crew cab, I was running a leveling kit with 37 12.5 16.5. I cut the bumper and rolled the bottom of fender in. Rubbed turning, but not that bad. Looks good with 6" springs and leveling shackles

#9 ·
I have the three leaf packs in front and added 3 leaves per side in rear plus the taller factory spacer blocks and run 36x12.50 16.5 humvee tires on 10" wide alum wheels they only rub at a full turn or if i hit a bump hard while turned. Note on the inner fender on my frankenstien 99

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.