Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

38R

6K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  7.3 
#1 ·
OK guys, I have a 99.5 psd. I bought a supposedly 38R from a guy on here. Isn't a 38R supposed to be a direct bolt on? If so, this can't be a 38r. It just don't fit. If any of who have info, let me know.

Also is there supposed to be any play whatsoever in the shaft (there is no wobble, but back and forth play about a 1/16 of inch? I checked the stock turbo, and no play whatsoever.

This turbo has the same play that my 1066 IH tractor turbo had. I replaced it with a new 3LM and it was a totally different tractor.

#3 ·
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

#7 ·
My thoughts exactly. I knew it didn't look right, but hey, what the hell do I know. Isn't this supposed to be a direct bolt on?? I would need a different pedestal and Intercooler y -pipe and then a different exhaust y pipe or extension???

#8 ·
I think you should measure your plenums and see if there the e-99 set-up and also could you possibly send some pictures from under the hood? Might help us out.

#11 ·
It is actually an e99. so yes I would need a pedestal and the sort.

#13 ·
Dang....have you checked the shaft for play yet?

That wheel is trashed.

#14 ·
As mentioned earlier, the shaft play is about 1/16th of inch maybe little less back and forth and about 1/32 of inch side to side. I really don't know what to do. I know I won't get my money back, so I don't know what to do.

#15 ·
a little up and down and side to side is ok as long as the wheel dont hit any place..oil will tighten that up when you start her up...you do not want any in and out play at all...in and out means pushing the nut into the turbo and pulling it back out...

#17 ·
Nothing is hitting or rubbing.

#21 ·
LOLLOLLOL

#23 ·
Who sold you the turbo?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.