Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

In need of good shocks!

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Haz-Matt 
#1 ·
I have a Donohoe levelling kit on my 06 F350 and after 2 replacement set of shocks they are JUNK again! I am looking for a good set of shocks to replace these with as the lifetime warranty is no longer valid. Does anyone have a recommendation? I plow and sand with the truck as well as haul a trailer on occasion.

#6 ·
How do you know there bilstiens? Is thier sticker on them. I have read Icon has been making all there shocks for a while now.

I havent heard anything bad about fox shocks. No personal experience though.

Aaron

#7 ·
Fox Racing Shox... but they are spendy.

#10 ·
Not really,
Fox makes a few applications that are SD specific.

I just installed a factory replacement set on my stock F350 and both are great but I'm blown away at how good the rears behave considering the price is nearly 80-100 bucks less than the bilsteins. Maybe the bilsteins are even better but I debate if the cost is worth it.
Like I said, I'm reallly pleased w/ my new FOX shocks.

#9 ·
I've always had good luck with Bilsteins, but I never really towed much. Could be that the extra weight from plowing, etc. is wearing them out quickly. I just put Kings all the way around (coilovers up front), and the ride is fantastic. However, they aren't cheap. Used to be Rancho made a great shock, so maybe give them a shot? Perhaps a 9000 would be a good option so you can change valving depending on how you are using the truck at the time. They even make the 9000 in a remote rezzy now. Could be the extra capacity fluid capacity would help you out in the long run?

#11 ·
fwiw, we've had pretty good luck with rough country shocks, Im not sure but id bet money they build them at the same plant as the ranchos, holding one in each hand theres no difference other than what sticker you put on the body, same boots and all, and a WHOLE LOT cheaper than ranchos, but i dont know if they would hold up to the weight of a plow....

#12 ·
I love my zone nitros - only $40ish a shock and at 1/2 the price of the bilsteins I'd buy them again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.