Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What setup is right for me?

724 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  04 f350 
#1 ·
This is for all you guys runnin bigger and better things than I have lol, pretty much wanted some input on what kinda setup you all would think I should go with...you can look at my sig and see what all I have done with my truck so far and yes head studs is next in the list but after that what would be an awesome setup turbo/injector wise for me to be able to blow some doors off....I've heard vgt/non vgt and what not and but I wanna be satisfied with what I get and not go spend all this money and then realize I could go better, so let's hear it fellas I need some feedback! Oh and on a side note for some reason I have gone thru injectors like candy and was wondering if I do upgrade am I gonna end up running into replacing injectors that are bigger or are they a little better as far as stiction and cold starts and such, I'd hate to buy huge injectors then have to replace them cuz they go out as bad as the stock ones do! Thanks guys!

#3 ·
Ive never checked it, I've had to replace 4 in two years of havig the truck and it's 2 every winter so far, that's why I was askin if bigger injectors are prone to go out like stock ones are. So prolly not goin thru them like candy but still they are pretty expensive to replace anyhow

#4 ·
There are two things that will keep you from replacing injectors. Oil and Fuel. You need good fully synthetic oil and you need to keep it clean (i.e. 5k oil changes) and RevX doesnt hurt either. For fuel you need to have well over 40psi of pressure when you are at WOT ALL the time. I would start with a fuel pressure gauge and see how you are doing with it. You can also try some fuel additive like 2 stroke oil.

#5 ·
Well like I said i haven't gotten around to a fuel pressure gauge yet but I do have the updated blue spring and 6.4 banjos to help with that, it just seems to always be during the winter when they go out on me if for some reason I forget to plug it up overnight or somthjn, I do run good synthetic oil but the problem with me is I don't drive mine alot which means I may only change my oil 2 times a year do u think that that would be an issue? I was thinkin of running the Rev x this winter when I change the oil and see if that helped any, I've never put in 2 stroke oil in it I usually put a half of bottle of cetane booster in tho when I fill it up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.