Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

h2e

3K views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  Cratos 
#1 ·
I would like to see your H2 set-ups photos from and back if you have any from swamps and carsons and any install likes dis-likes time to bit the bullit in stall tipsto.

Thanks

#3 ·
Here is the mount from Carson that I have. It fit well, all the firewall carnage is from trying to fit the downpipe back in there.

I dry mounted the turbo on the workbench to get the housings turned correctly so the drain tubes wouldn't leak. It would've been really difficult to try and do that while putting it in the truck.

#4 ·
man looks like you had to beat the h^&* out of the frrewall !!

did you have to mod the IC pipes or did thay fit good?

#5 ·
The cold side pipe fit perfectly. I had to mod the hot side pipe for the v-band clamp and just for fitment. They're Carson's pipes as well, the hot side pipe is really nice, it's efficient as far as space is concerned.

#6 ·
did you need that much room just to get it in or for it to fit and not rub?

#7 ·
Pretty much yeah. The problem was I didn't have the right tools to push the pinch weld back, so it looks worse than it should. In hindsight I should've had a port-a-power or a digging bar or something better than what I had at the time.

Like I said, it looks wayyyy worse than it actually should....I'm not too proud of that job!

#11 ·
That was the 4 inch downpipe.

I can't get any pics right now....I'm in Colorado until August and the truck is in PA...unfortunately

#9 ·
did you have yto mod your IC pipes or did thay fit right up ? can I see your dp from the under side too?

#10 ·
YOU GUYS WITH JAKES SET-UP DID IT ALL FIT GOOD OR DO YOU HAVE TO MOOD PIPES like most others?

#13 ·
What did you end up ordering for a turbo? Are you talking about his t4 obs kit.
I'm in the middle of putting his kit on my 97 right now. Everything is in but the turbo, still waiting on a lasb to come from bell turbo. If you got any questions let me know. The kits nice, jakes up-pipes fit better then the stock ones that were on the truck. The hardest part is removing the old turbo and up pipes. !!
You won't be disappointed

#16 ·
I got his s366 kit since i do tow with the truck.
What's the difference between the h2e and the s366 that made you go with that? I'm gonna be looking at either 160/100s or 238/100s and wasn't sure what would be a better setup. Its mainly a weekend driver and something fun to drive. Like feeling the speed and power, tow on occasion.

#17 ·
I have an air dog 2 on mine. It's seems to work good. Pump went bad once and they had to send a replacement. Luckily it happened as I pulled the truck in the driveway. I have a regulated return from strictly diesel with just the airdog as filtration.

#19 ·
What kind of problems are you running into with that downpipe??
I'm putting mine in this week and was concerned with that as well. The dp jake sends with the kit does not come close to connecting up with the bottom half of mine. I talked to jake and he said they are working on a compleat dp but for now they are using a short chunk of stainless 3" flex pipe to go between the dp and the pipe by the tranny. Is this what you ended up doing??

#20 ·
yep I have cut as much firewall out of the way as I can ( getting real close to the heater box mount in the cab) and the angle is still mot very close( i have mbrp system
for it to go into my pipe the top bend is wedged in the firewall :(:(and still not quite all the way on the turbo. and forcing the 4 in on the bottom on the transmission line.

#21 ·
That's not really what I wanted to hear. I guess I will just have to wait ands see what I'm up against when I get the turbo today.
Jake said they use a piece of flex to join the top pipe to the bottom.
Are you saying even the pipe that comes in the kit is hitting the fire wall?
I think I'm going to have to do some more porta power work.

#22 ·
I had him make the dp longer thinking it would line up with my mbrp so i did not get the flex pipe but may have to go find a peice and see if I can get the darn thing fitted, maybe I should have just got it with the kit?

#24 ·
tring to see if I can get the pipes loose ( been on the truck afew years) and move the lower part forward and see if I can get a better angle on it..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.