Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

MPD Custom 6.4 twins!!

12K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  MotoStroker 
#1 ·
Dropped my truck off at MPD today. installing there custom twin kit. s366 double batmowheel fed by a s482 double batmowheel. Rode in one truck with there twin kit and boys let me tell ya, after seeing the boost guage spike to 100psi i had to check to see if my pulse was still there from the blood rushing to the back of my head. truck i rode in had a damn near 1:1 boost/drive psi, also had a pretty clean install. Ill keep yall posted once she gets back and i put some miles on it!:ford:

#5 ·
What's the cost for a kit like that?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#9 ·
If my cab ever has to come off again these are going in. How are they suposed to be towing?

#12 ·
Fueling wise I'm running dual fuelers feeding 110hp nozzles, ported rails, airdog, etc. transmission is full billet from the flexplate back. We went with the 366 and 482 because I still tow and DD. truck I rode in had a 472 and 488!(Mikes). It's impressive how they make this fit. It's pretty much a single kit being fed by a 482 that sits where the passenger battery is. It cleans up the bay nice. Aiming for 900ish on fuel and still tow 15k on the weekend

#16 ·
Google Maryland diesel performance

#24 ·
Oops...my dyslexia is showing

#25 ·
Didn't MPD just kill a 4R too? I thought that might be the ticket.

I will never have the HP that these guys make (would love to but I have to be realistic), but I have studied tranny options for a while cause I just cant give up controlling when I shift. I don't know where this will go. There is no doubt, I lose a lot of acceleration because of the handshaker so unless it could be made to shift really fast, I can't since a true manual being the ticket (plus boosted launches wouldn't be possible). Other than Jenco (which isn't practical for a street vehicle) there really aint a great option for performance and reliability. I would have to think if someone would make design similar to Jenco (multiple 2 speed trannies connected together) or automated manual (dual clutch auto shifting) such as Porshe, Lambo, etc. would be the best shot, but they would be expensive as h#ll and the automated manuals still require a significant upgrades to handle the weight/torque these things make. I know CVTs are "newer" but I can't imagine they would ever be able to handle the power/weight of these trucks.

#23 ·
You can tow 15k with 900hp? Won't you have high egt, a lot of strain on the rear end, pretty much everything?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#28 ·
I love the work you guys do over there...always pushing the limits!!!!!

#31 ·
Mainly there are TC problems. like with any trans past the 1k mark it is a matter of when it will break, not if.....Ive already been through 2 SC HD converters. when this one goes out ill try either precision or RCD. But towing shouldnt be an issue. you dont tow on the race files, i have a 100 horse heavy tow file and I baby her everywhere. The 4R is a stout trans because of the way it shifts. 5R do something with separating the clutches in between shifts while 4r stay planted through each gear (correct me if im wrong craig).

#34 ·
You must really beat the ever living piss out of your truck to go through 2 Suncoast HD converters. Eric Clawson won DPC with a SC HD converter in his and his tranny went through 3 days of hell and held up fine making over 1000 HP.

#37 ·
What's your status? Truck still at Rudy's?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.