Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Regret any mods done or did'nt do?

7K views 42 replies 29 participants last post by  Ian123 
#1 ·
Is there a modification to your truck you wish you never did? Or a mod that did more damage than good?

#4 ·
I had the 3-1 diesel gauge from Glowshift. It was too dark to read during the day and too bright at night. Never did really care for it, so when it quit after 8 months I bought Autometers and have been happy with them.

#6 ·
Not really a mod but selling my factory Alcoa's damn it.....Thinking bout putting her back down to stock hight and would love to have em back. 2nd would be using Pro Comp for my lift. It's been good but it's tight as hell and rides like #### especially now that it's got some miles on it....

#7 ·
Buying the Banks gauges when I had the Banks PowerPack installed. They were "Not Good" and Banks aftermarket service sucked. 6 months, 13 phone calls to get a working setup and the parts to complete it. Three tries just to get a working chip that was "100% tested before shipment" and resultant "no starts" since it was a single page chip programmed for the wrong PCM code.

The PowerPack I never regretted doing, it was the driving force for me to get to 408 hp with a stock muffler and 1.0 OBS turbo after all of the grief I got for installing it.:evil

#8 ·
Regret buying the 4" leafs for the rear. They turned out to be stock :(. Not really a regret more like I got scammed.

Anyway, I have no complaints except that with my Autometer Pyro the instructions sucked and I think I f'd up my Thermocouple wire beacause I had to too tightly zip tied and the instructions they sent me didn't say to keep it in a "loose coil so as not to crack or damage the wire"

#10 ·
One thing I have noticed on here, some trucks go back to stock height.

#12 ·
There is a reason for that, unless it's a show queen or pos lift's generaly wear the hell out of ball joints, steering bushings/pumps etc..... It gets old after the fun has played out of it and most want the reliabilty and ride back. I like probably most others dont have any regrets per say with lifting just ready to have my truck back. But what the hell I'm bout to put it on carport patrol while I go break me in a 2013 Boss 302:ford:

#11 ·
Only "mod" I regret is trimming my fenders. If it would have allowed me to actually clear the tires I'd be all for it. But I trimmed them and gained nothing so that's why I regret it.

#15 ·
I second the exhaust, I regret not getting the 5" system. I have been happy with my stage 1 injectors overall, but maybe one day I'll step it up.

#17 ·
putting cb whips on my truck and drilling holes in the dash for the cb when nobody talks on it around here...they are just for looks now...

#18 ·
Going from stock to 6637 on the intake. It is stupid loud and offensive for those of us that actually use their trucks. Ford AIS is far superior.

Going to 4" farmboy diesel exhaust kit. The kit hits the rear swaybar when the truck is loaded heavily (again, for those of us that use their trucks) and so I removed the swaybar. Muffler made too much drone, so I had to install the FTE resonator which makes it all better except for the swaybar. Should have just replaced OEM muffler with resonator for all the performance, none of the drone or swaybar issues.

Trusting the mobile 1 rear diff lube when they said no LS additive needed. An additive is needed, I get the chatter now on tight corners especially when loaded heavy.

#19 ·
highbeam..you know your rear pinion and gear is a wear item when you switched to mobil 1 which isnt a recommended fluid in first place you remove all the debris that was filling the voids created by wear..with clean fluid and no debris you create a noise that would have already been there most likely probably just time to rebuild rear end.

#20 ·
I regret doing the tailgate delete mod and not doing the "hot naked model with her legs spread on the hood for a photo op" mod

I also regret the "retard that stole the alcoa front dually wheels and left his crappy steel wheels while I was parked at the truckstop for a week" mod ..... atleast I got a new set of good year steers out of that......

the mods I don't regret ...... Pioneer head unit with pioneer speakers...... best $250 I have spent yet. and the VDO trans temp gauge.

Jury is still out on CXracing intercooler and tru cool trans cooler.

#23 ·
Putting on the 38r! It sucks ass. It made my truck much slower than with the stock turbo for some f@*#ing reason! DON'T BUY ONE!

#24 ·
:pointlaugh:

I regret putting a body lift on instead of making things fit.

and I regret taking 48 hours to polish my paint, And not covering it with enough coats of wax, now I get even more paint chips.
not really a mod, but a tip maybe? Coat that sucker with wax!

#26 ·
I regret not spending more time diagnosing the problems my truck had before I bought it. I ran into quite a few surprises where the PO had cut corners and it has cost me dearly to fix it. Kicking myself since better rigs have been popping up all around me with half the mileage for $7k or less. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Also, I wish the wrecker would have called me back sooner. I had just got my block machined when they finally called back and mentioned they had a low mile motor if I wanted it. The cost of machining the block alone would have bought the wrecker motor and saved me about $4k total.

At the very least, I know exactly what I have under the hood I suppose.

#30 ·
still regret the not doing the "hot naked model with her legs spread on the hood" mod ..........

had another opportunity today, but she turned out to be 17 and my wife didn't like her (prolly because she lied about her age)

#39 ·
I regret trying to fit 20x14 wheels with a leveling kit. I have the turning radius of a tractor trailer, but they look too good for me to take them off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.