Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Axle wrap - outside the box ideas...

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Skyd Ram 
#1 ·
When I run my truck (in signature) on the higher tunes, axle wrap is making the shifts feel harsh. I am not a big fan of traction bars as I prefer the clean / stealth look as opposed to all the clutter hanging below. Please dont be insulted if that suits your tastes - just stating my dilemna.
I was wondering what else can be done - maybe a snubber above the diff with something like a timbren or air bag that the diff would bump up against under torque to limit wrap? Some spring mod along the lines of a timbrem / air bag against the overload spring?
Thanks for any input...

#2 ·
You could go with a snubber bar something similar to a 1st gen lightning
Or the JDM? Makes a set of torque arms for the 1st gen lightnings as well. the go on top of the leaf spring and go the the forward spring hanger.

#3 ·
Its not a guaranteed fix but it has worked for me.

Install Carli suspensions add a pack to your stock rear leaf spring pack. Im running them on 2011 leafs. The 2011 had a lot of wrap before with a 4 inch block and now with the add a pack and a 2 inch block there is no wrap on my truck. I havent done the greatest of tests on this because my transmission wont shift from 1-2 and 2-3 for crap, but full throttle once in any gear there is none.

You may have to play with block sizes and the leaf pack to get the desired height of the truck after you get it installed. My add a pack had two small 1/4 inch ish spacers on the bottom that I removed to get the truck to set lower in the rear.

You will probably end up with a softer ride in the end as well.

Aaron

#5 ·
Yup,
I ran my 08 F350 like that for a while. I ran the Carli mini packs and eliminated the blocks altogether. This lowered the rear a few inches so it sat like a 250. I still had some axle wrap but it pretty much eliminated the wheelhop on the 300 tune. Plus the truck road better. I would suggest running some rear bump stop drop brackets since the Ford blocks have the bumpstop tangs right on the blocks that you have now removed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.