Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Hemi diesel?

5K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Term3 
#1 ·
im just curious if this has 1 ever been done 2 would it make a difference & 3 is it even possible or worth it?

#4 ·
since there are no spark plugs in a diesel engine, it would be kind of hard to make a hemispherical diesel engine.

but now that you have put it out here in internet land, dodge will invent it to sell more trucks.

hay clem, ya wanna go down ta da dodge dealer wit me? i wanna git one o dem new hemi deezel rams!!

#6 ·
Hay guyz dun ### frum da dodge ram place ans gotz un dem diesel hemi ram srt8s wiff da short throw shifter n a 10feet bedz and uh badasses stack cumin out da cab. Its got stacks on stacks of chips n what not....

If any one thinks a hemi is badass, please keep it to your self in mamby pamby land your delusional.

#10 ·
my van i took out the glow plugs and put spark plugs and hooked up my distributor and everything.....added about 300 hp and now my EGTs are like 2000 under WOT... ive redone my headgaskets about 6 times now and im looking to to a hemi upgrade....i just dont want the expenses of putting 16 spark plugs in instead of 8.
but it really clears the smoke....some of you smoke haters should try it out

#14 ·
yoo, i put oil in everythanh....you know them 7three's need all the help they can get. i got me a spray bottle full of some 2 stroke oil and that just gets everything in my intake, valves, crank, exhaust, turbo, meth injection, i put the oil in it all. im about to redo m spark plugs but this time get the platnum plugs and seal them with teflon tape because half the threads are all stripped out

#16 ·
Diesel's require flat heads so that compression ratio stays high. If you had a hemi head, it would drop compression like crazy.

Ever daily drive a 9:1 diesel? Take a can of ether to start on a hot day, no power down low at all, it would rely on boost more so than they do already.

#18 ·
But then you run into a combustion swirl problem I would imagine.

Either way nobody will ever do it.

#22 ·
What? Your our out of crack? LOL. J/K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.