Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

No More Lift & New Lights

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  airfish2011 
#1 ·
I've had the truck for alittle over 18 months now and decided to remove the 6" lift and 37x12.5x17 tires that came on it and install stock suspension with 285/70/17 tires. Went ahead and istalled new clear harley replica lights too. I've been happy with the results so far but now I have to figure out what I want to do with the grille, bumper, and my flaking door handles. The only other thing I've done to the truck is add an Edge CTS and Powerslot cryo rotors in the front with hawk HPS pads, but I have the same brake set-up for the rear, a coolant filter, blue spring, egt sensor, and fuel pressure sensor in the garage waiting for me to get some time to install them.

adult upload image

See less See more
#2 ·
How do you like it without the lift? I too have a 6" lift and thought about removing it, but there are times I like it. Any regrets yet?

#3 ·
Looks nice by the way. Looked good both ways.

#4 ·
Thanks. So far the only thing I don't like is how soft the front springs are compared to my lift springs. I loved the way it looked lifted but now it's easier to get in and out of everyday, my gas mileage has improved, tires will cost half as much, and steering components should last longer. Damn you practicality...

#5 ·
The truck still looks good without the lift. You could do a 05+ front end coversion and get your door handles reprainted. IMO that would make it look great!

#6 ·
I definatelty want an 05 grill but I haven't decide if I want to do chrome with black billet inserts or black with chrome billet inserts but I definately want the one with the bigger bars running horizontal. I like the 05 bumper but I might keep the 04 bumper and paint the plastic piece on the bottom black just to keep it different from every other 05 conversion out there.

#7 ·
Sharp truck, looks better lifted imho. But all the reasons you listed to keep it stock height outweighs looks by far lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.