Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Box kit

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Homesteader 
#1 ·
Who makes the best quality Box kit for 99-03 SD? Icon,Fab tech,PMF etc...
Anyone using a PMF box kit?

Thanks

#2 ·
I hear icon is great but their customer service is horrible.
PMF supposedly makes great stuff but I'm 29 days into a paid order. Trevor takes a while to get things made, but it is solid stuff.
Call truck toyz if you need something asap and see what they have.
BTW, get the new FOX shocks. Just got mine installed, BIG improvement vs stock or even the 5100's.

#6 ·
PMF supposedly makes great stuff but I'm 29 days into a paid order. Trevor takes a while to get things made, but it is solid stuff.
Your 29 days into a paid order because a week after you placed the order you mistakingly drilled out a bolt to a larger size than you were supposed to and Im having to make a custom mount to help you instead of pulling one off the shelf. Something I offered to do for you free of charge to help out. I can only work so fast man. Thanks for the appreciation though.

#9 ·
I will post up a couple pics in our vendor section since they arent up anywhere else.

Also, I talked to powerlifter and I dont think he intended for his post to come across as though he was upset about the wait. Everything is good and his kit will be shipping out today or tomorrow.

#11 ·
Didn't mean to come across cranky but thanks for giving me a shout and updating info on the order, thats muy helpful amigo.

OP, like I mentioned, just things to consider if you have anything customized. Some folks just have to have it, need instant gratification.
My FOX shocks, which are AWESOME plus cheaper than the bilstiens, are put together as needed and took about 3 weeks. PMF was 29ish days, FOX was 21ish days and my MHT's were 4 weeks. I got some savings knowing I'd have to wait a few weeks. All in all I saved a sh$t load of $$ so the wait was worth it in that respect if you have the ability to do so.

When in doubt ask PMF for an ETA. 2 other vendors failed to update me on some orders and I cancelled them after 3 weeks w/o any updates from them, both orders totaled about 4g's. Their loss not mine.

PM or email Trevor, he's answered all my calls and questions and returns emails and PM's unlike other vendors.

#12 ·
Not sure on 99-03 but +1 for PMF!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.