Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2012 Front Bumper Conversion on 2000 F-350

105K views 42 replies 30 participants last post by  Mountaindewd530 
#1 ·
So I just so happened to have a few 2012 F-350 take-off front bumpers laying around my house and the mounting looks really similar to the mounting for my 2001 F-350. I figured 'what the heck' and decided to try to mount it up. Sure enough the bottom bolt holes match directly up with the top holes on the frame bracket and the spacing is dead on with the captive nut holder bracket. Two upper holes drilled and Bob's your uncle. Not sure if it's been done before but thought I'd share the results. :cool: (I also did the 05/06 headlight conversion)

See less See more
#4 ·
I did a 2010 front end on my 2001
And it just got painted completely over

And the crazy thing is that I've decided to make it a 2011-12
Front end now

I already have the hood ,fenders , and lights
I'm going to drive it with the 09 nose for now and in the fall I'm going to
Swap the nose again

But u stumbled upon something good by adding that bumper and
Seeing how good it looks on there

#5 ·
Sort of a fluke how I found out but figured it wouldn't hurt to try. If you need a front bumper I have a 5 or 6 left.

I noticed the pictures on your avatar. Is that tailgate a direct swap or do you have to do the whole bed and tailgate?

#9 ·
i dig

#11 ·
looks like it sticks out a bit more than the stock one. is that why you dont have the tow hooks on? or i cant see them at least.

#15 ·
The tow hooks do fit with the bumper but have to be taken off to put the bumper on. I'm going to put them on tomorrow and take some more pictures

if you could fill the whole in the center with somethin that looks like your grill it would look cool
I agree, I'm still toying around with a billet insert or something to fill the gap.

#14 ·
It looks okay, but it needs the rest of the front end!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#20 ·
he didnt have to change the core support lol, just a 2012 bumper, 05 headlights, and a billet grill. theres plenty of write ups on the web on how to do the swamps.

#22 ·
I finally got around to replacing my plastic that I bought new, months ago, on my front bumper. Now you have me thinking.

Looks good by the way.

#23 ·
06 grill is 1½the to 2" bigger on bottom. Might work well

#26 ·
Sorry to resurrect on old thread but how to you guys think a 2011 fusion bumper would look on an 05 front end? I love the 2011 bumpers but not s huge fan of the 05-07 style.

#28 ·
Lol, I think so to! I did dome digging and found it will fit except there might be a 3" gap under the headlights. That is as if the bumper was sitting 3" too far away from the truck, not 3" low vertically. I really wanna try it...expensive attempt though lol.

#29 ·
Do you have a couple side pictures of the bumper i would like to see how well it lines with the fender

#31 ·
Wow.. Nice find

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.