Dash Lights, Windows and Radio Problem - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 7.3L Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:34 AM
BlackHogDown
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Dash Lights, Windows and Radio Problem

So I have a 02 CCSB 4x4 7.3l that just turned 55k and the dash lights haven't worked since I bought it a year ago(only the gauge cluster lights). Then lately (occasionally) when I get in the truck I start it and the powerwindows and radio take a minute or so to work!? I'm not good with electronics but I have checked all the fuses and they are good. Any suggestions?
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 02:57 AM
ColeTrain45
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Re: Dash Lights, Windows and Radio Problem

Gem module??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Go to the top
Old 06-07-2012, 02:39 PM
BlackHogDown
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Thanks bud looking into it now
Old 06-07-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm A Beast
Member's Gallery

the duck in your avatar has a camel toe lol.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:23 PM
terrye
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

I have a 2003 F350 4x4 6M with 275,000 miles.
I have a similar problem. ocassionally when i start the truck the windows, radio and fan do not work for awhile, then eventually they work again.
I was installing electrical on an airplane with some technicians the other day as we were troubleshooting some electrical wiring problems and i mentioned it to the technicians. They said my problem was a bad ground or a recessed pin in a connector or a short. Someone needs to look at a wiring diagram, figure out where the grounds and connectors are that are common to these systems then check each one out looking for recessed pins, a corroded or loose ground or some worn wiring.
I know there are a few guys that get these same problems and have never heard of someone that actually fixed it. Let us know if you have any luck!
Terry
07 Facelift. WW2. 65 HP PHP tow. ATS ported housing. Turbomaster wastegate controller. Bellowed up pipes. Midwest Trans short throw. 2" Edge Level Kit. AFE stage II. Hellwig 1 1/4" rear sway bar PN 7636. Autometer Ultralight guages. South Bend Clutch - MU 1944 6 speed Con 0. 295,000 miles.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:31 AM
mjones
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

leaky windshield my 99 has no bright lights unless i jockey on the fuses and if it gets really wet the trans doesn't shift right check the hole where the wiring harness goes through the firewall
Old 06-08-2012, 06:06 AM
Dieselpop
Intelligent Burro
Member's Gallery

A leaking windshield will damage the GEM module and the fuse panel. I would start by fixing the leak. Then remove the fuse panel from under the dash. The GEM module is attached to the back of the fuse panel. Separate the two and clean the contacts with a brass brush and contact cleaner. You will probably still have to replace the GEM but maybe you can salvage the fuse panel.
E99, F250, 7.3, CCLWB, Auto, manual 4x4, AIS intake, AD injectors, PHP FU, AIC, 3:73 gears. Autometer Gauges - (EGT, Trans Temp, Boost), Edge CTS
Old 06-15-2012, 09:35 PM
LCRIII
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

The 2002 & 2003 Superduty have an accessory delay relay built into the instrument cluster. It is integral and non-serviceable. In hot temperatures they are bad about sticking
causing the windows,radio and other accessories to not operate. Usually they will unstick after few minutes, if not the instrument cluster (gauges) needs to be replaced.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:40 PM
NorCalDiesel
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3 View Post
the duck in your avatar has a camel toe lol.
.. and you're looking?

DP-Tuner 6 pos No Start - 140
Super Heavy Duty 4R100 / triple disc from ATO
Transmissions in Sacramento
ICON 5" Spring Pack Lift
PSC Ram Assist Steering

Old 06-20-2012, 08:01 PM
terrye
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

Where exactly is the accessory delay relay? is it in the fuse box?
Thanks
Terry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 99
!!!PainTrain!!!, 2000Censtroker, 2002f-250, 7.3, 808diesel, 98stratusryder, ad40434, ASTRO, Badland, big trucker, BigJake, billmoody1, BlackHogDown, blackmagic, blaze42069, BootZ0360, Boydog, brandothi, caseyk, caspower, celltech, chevelless414, chris 0., Cloverleaffarm, ColeTrain45, connor926, cterry, dbincolo, Denver, Derek2001, dieselboy01, Dieselpop, Dirt_99, eib, fastedy, FCR10, Ford_7.3, g2shuck, gmdriscoll, highlandre, hydro man, iceberg, IHPowerstroke7.3, IL7.3 Powerstroker, itsmyduty, jestersv, jhruzek, Jimbo*, jimiii, JLowry, Jonesin, Jordison460, jrjax, jtgf250, Kohrnholio, Krawlerhauler18, LCRIII, lhrboone, m j, mainer815, mc44, meat, Mini-Stroke..., mjones, mx185sw, mx929racer, neher72, No Regrets, NorCalDiesel, Northcountrywood, Old OutLaw, otis_301, POWERSTROKE2311, Primaris, retiredsparky, rfrostick, Ron's power stroke, Rowe, RyanG85, S00TLYFE, smokedyvr, southmike, strokepower, sxcross, tbolt, TD2024, terrye, ToMorrow44, tractorman1365, turbostroke02, txgp17, vis152, Weatherlite, weebieboy, wesconjr, WyoUltra, yz85rider2002, Zmann