Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

ICON CUSTOMER SERVICE

6K views 45 replies 21 participants last post by  TrickTruck 
#1 ·
My back shocks are leaking and have lost their ride quality. Called Icon twice and no calls back. :evil

Local dealer will not work on them because they did not install them. They will not even contact Icon for me.

What to do?

#3 ·
Spoke with Icon this morning! They would like me to send the stocks back at my expanse. No loner program or local service centers!

Going to return the hole stage two kit to them! Since bought from them direct they have no return policy however bought with credit card time to dispute.

Service after the sale sucks, I would not recomend you buy ICON.

#4 ·
I am sorry to hear you are having issues with our shocks. If they are 2.0 Aluminum Body Shock they have a 90 Day Warranty against leaking.

These are a servicable shock and can and will need to be rebuilt eventually, so having a shock to use while your ICON's are being rebuilt would be prudent.

There are other factors when it comes to leaking like shafts being pitted, chemicals on the road etc that have nothing to do with the design or how the shock is manufactured that are out of our control/

Regardless, if they are a newer shock, we stand behind our product 100% and will definitly rebuild the shocks at no cost. All we need is for you to get a service number from us and ship them to us and we will take care of the rest.

Rebuild's can be done is one day so we will turn them around as fast we can.

Please send us an email ( sales@iconvehicledynamics.com )with photos of the shock so we can determine what caused the problem.

Thanks.

Jeremy
ICON Vehicle Dynamics

#7 ·
I am going to pay out of pocket SDHQ in Arizona to rebuild the shocks.Since having the problem since day one its an manufacturing issue! Since I use the truck everyday its not an option to ship the shocks to you. Plus I would have to pay shipping cost. Your customer service is weak for the cost of your product. Other companies like yourself are much pro professional and have good customer service. This is my first time using Icon and will be my last. Note the shocks only have 3k on them!

If your the outside rep you better tell in the inside support team to be more professional. Felt like I was calling Peggy!

#6 ·
I for one can vouch for Icon standing behind their product. We've used their kits on numerous vehicles over the years with awesome success and very little issues. We've also used other brands without the same success. There is a reason their brand is pushed by retailers who specialize in suspension. Their product is quality. Shocks are a wearable item that need attention periodically. I firmly believe they'll make things right given the opportunity and within their terms and policies.

Icon user and supporter,
Jesse@MBRP

#11 ·
I too had a shock issue, however my outcome was much much different! In fact I am totally blown away by the customer service I received. Jeremy, Brad and Heather have been nothing but courteous, professional, and urgent in handling my situation. Most of us have shortcomings at some point when we do business, but should be judged on how we react. In my personal situation ICON was second to none in their recovery! I am Stunned to hear about your situation and would be amazed if at the end of the day Icon doesn't make it right.

#12 ·
I may get lucky and SDHQ is willing to work with Icon and the rebuild. Its just disapointing that they do not have an exchange program. The cost to rebuild local is $98 per shock total $196.00. The cost for warranty from Icon $40 for shipping & the headache of turn around time. If they say not warranty its $125 per shock from Icon! $250.00 plus shipping cost. Local dealer has a better rebuild warranty!

#13 ·
3 of my 4 Icons lasted about 2500 miles and are junk now. NEVER offroad. Kinda frustrated that they crapped out so fast. I have had the cheap shocks last forever. Maybe you dont always get what you pay for.

#19 ·
Something to consider....ALL shocks that are rebuildable WILL have to be rebuilt at some time. It doesn't matter if they're made by King, Icon, Fox, FabTech, or Dirt Logic. You either have something else to put on your truck so you can keep it on the road, or you don't. The less expensive shocks that can't be rebuilt just get thrown away or recycled. If having your vehicle on the road ASAP is going to be an issue, either buy non-rebuildable shocks and replace them when they wear out, or have another set of shocks to use when your rebuildable ones need a freshening up.

FWIW, I'm not running Icon shocks and I'm not jumping in to defend anyone or any company. Just stating the obvious.

#20 ·
I understand that they will need to be rebuilt at sometime, I just dont know why they lasted under 10,000 miles. I threw my 2 rears away and put fox shocks on. I havnt decided what to do with the front. 1 of em still works but the other is toast and clunks alot. I hate having a 2011 truck and when I pull in people are staring at it as I clunk along. The rears were worse. One of them froze still and the shaft wouldnt even move in he body.

#23 ·
My Shocking Story

I don't do SDHQ

but I do aim for Brick and Mortar stores for things that may need warranty ,

Bought 4 Rancho's from Desert Rat (local to you) had one leak about a year later ( I may have over extended it) ,, Called Desert Rat ,,30 minutes later I had a new one ,,

and They never did the initial install they just took care of a cash and carry customer ,

nothing worse than having issues hope you get it handled fairly

#26 ·
I have called Icon on the phone a couple of times just to ask a question and not purchase anything and they were always helpful on the phone.

That being said a 90 day warranty on shocks that cost as much as Icons is pretty crappy, along with having nice shocks but still needing a "back up" set for when the expensive ones crap out.

Although I do have a set of used Icon shocks ready to go on my truck that are in great shape yet, they do say Bilstien on them though

#31 ·
is the shipping covered one way and free rebuild part of the normal policy for an out of warranty shock ? and Why only a 90 day warranty ?
is This rebuild only offered up because this became a Topic on a well known Forum?

He had no response from the vendor or the reseller at first when He went out looking for answers on His own using the normal behind the scene avenues (phone/email) ,, but was ignored so He came here and posted !

So call Him what you will.. I would do exactly the same thing and then find myself some shocks that actually hold up or have a better warranty .

Tell Me this ? do they state " These specialty shocks will need rebuilt multiple Times during their life cycle so please have another set available during service or rent a car "

?? seriously ? I think all the OP did was educate the forum on the idiosyncrasies of these shocks !

this is to be expected on a race truck ,, not on products offered to the general public
for a daily driver IMHO

#37 ·
Really! I have first hand experience with their customer service and it sucks! The rep never even e-mailed me back! I cannot see how anyone buys ICON Products! Yes I bought into the Hype and reviews from suckers like yourself!
And yes I can not spell or type but I employ over 200 employees per year! I love American even stupid people that cannot spell or type can make money and be sucessfull! Go ahead buy Icon you can be their next sucker.

I have received emails from shops that post on this forum and sell Icon. They all say the same thing, problems with seals. Change to a different manufacture and you will be happy. Thinking of sending the product to SEMA or NHTSA for review. If anything the NHTSA will perform an inspection and will cost Icon more then the warranty cost! I paid over $3500 for a product and got the run around. Crap on the Deiselstop.com they paid them to delete my post. LOL

#40 ·
Well, I'm back to say maybe BoyerAZ was on to something. No one ever followed up with me with my refund. Long story short, I had a shock leak the day after install, purchased another out of pocket from a local shop and emailed ICON a copy of my receipt. I was told I would receive a sticker in the mail to return my defective shock and then get a refund.

I have yet to see the mailing tab and should have followed up more frequently. I should probably follow up when I get back from Vegas next week but I'm starting to feel like it's just a waste of my time.

Initially, I felt like I was going to be taken care of (and maybe I will be, maybe they just forgot about me, not sure) but now I'm feeling like I've gotten the run around and it's probably after 90 days so who knows what's going to happen.

Live and learn I guess.

#42 ·
Pretty much ever high end shock manufacturer has a one year warranty on their shocks...

HOWEVER! That does not include seals! Which is the part that will wear out.

From Fox:
Subject to the terms and conditions of this warranty, leaking seals will be replaced within 90 days from the original date of purchase. Such replacement notwithstanding, seals are subject to relative movement between parts and are normal wear and tear items not subject to warranty coverage.

From King:
King Shocks’ products are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of 90 days from date of purchase.

So, that being said, I don't think the warranty is out of line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.