Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Stc bent my branch tube

9K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  lenzhotrod 
#1 ·
So my stroke wasn't starting when hot. I change the standpipes and dummy plugs and it seemed fine until 2 days later it wouldn't start again when hot. Let it cool down and it started right up. I bought an updated stc when I put the egr delete kit on and should of put it on then. Now the stc let go and pushed the branch tube back and put a hair line crack in the back case. Trying to figure out a way to pull the branch tube forward to get the oil pump to bolt back down when stc is attached to the branch tube?? Anyone who has had this or knows any tricks please feed in!! Don't want to pry on the branch tube from back and make the crack any worse. Thanks for any help!!

#3 ·
yep

#8 ·
He has to separate the motor from the transmission to replace the back cover on the engine. If wants to pull the motor and tranny to do it he can, if he wants to just drop the tranny he can, and even if he lifts the cab he will still have to either drop the tranny or remove it all and separate it outside of the chassis. I guess I am just getting at the point that lifting the cab is really doing anything extra for him other than more work IMO.

#9 ·
That sucks. What if he left the cover cracked would there just be a small oil leak or would there be bigger problems? Sorry if this is a hijack just thinking what I'd do if this ever happened to me

#12 · (Edited)
This just happened to me on my 2006 6.0L. Cracked rear cover. I dropped the tranny, removed the cover, and the branch tube is pushed way out. I discovered his when the new STC fitting would not line up with the branch tube after being attached to the HPOP. In order to remove the branch tube the #6, 7, & 8 injectors have to be pulled along with some rockers and push rods to gain access to the branch tube securing bolts. Yes it is a real PITA. Yesterday I got all they way down and pulled all the injectors just to check them while I was in deep. Any tips on the best way to get at those branch tube bolts?

Thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.