Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Elite Z Max Intake Manifold

7K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  what a mess 
#1 ·
Anyone running one of these and does anyone know how they compare to Doug's intake?

#2 ·
:popcorn:

#4 ·
Hmmmmm I may have ter look into this idea

#6 ·
dougs intake is great, the zz one looks great, any of these intakes that mod the inside and remove the restrictions will be an improvement over stock, i don't think you'll find any difference between modded ones, hope this helps

#7 ·
can anybody post some pics?

#10 ·
doug is the only other out there and if i remember correct his was something like 212 increase to back cylinders if that helps but also i have one and theres only so much u can take out before you lose structural integrity so im not sure how one could flow better than the other but im not a mechanic so i can only be so helpful but i think for one ot flow better than the other it would have to be a completly different piece and sence they just cnc the stock manifol i would say they are the same just my 2 cents

#13 ·
And why is that superior over the other design?? I am not trying to be a S A here but am really curious because it seems like it would be shame for folks that have to retain their EGR cooler for emission reasons to not be able to realize the benefits of the increased air flow to the back cylinders that this manifold provides. JMO.

#14 ·
not saying it was just had forgot that part so i figured i better put it in there i cant say about elites sence i havent seen it and u might be able to keep the egr on dougs but im not sure i think you can keep the egr in there for looks if i am correct but its been awhile sence i put it on just tryn to give as much info on it as possible to help is all

#15 ·
I got ya man. I like Doug's manifold too and think it is a GREAT mod but as far as I can tell, the folks who have to keep their EGRs are out of luck with this manifold. Eitherway I sure wish I had it. :D

#16 ·
you got 190s i got gogos! heh you mighta got a little more bang for your buck but i was doin head gaskets and stc fitting so while i was in there i decided to do it and i figured it would be a nice support for injectors when i get them ! bam! but i do think u cna keep the egr in the manifold not 100% tho ive slep sence i had that part out and in heh

#17 ·
Two words come to mind when choosing an aftermarket intake. PORT VELOCITY. You never hear anybody referance velocity when discussing these intakes, and velocity is more of a factor than cfm in regards to the intake.

I would have to agree that anything is better then the stock setup. I would say for everyone to stick around a while... this 6.0L intake market is about to get real interesting :)...

#22 ·
If that's a wot run on a hot tune, then I would say yes, I hit 32psi and 1400 on a street, and 1600 on a race tune.

#25 ·
I understand what he means...just posting what I found with my GOGO. I know it doesn't mean beans but damn this thing is getting scary crazy acceleration now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.