Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Leaf spring center bolt removal F250

15K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  powerlifter405 
#1 ·
I need to pull a leaf out of both sides on my 2000 F250 4x2. One quick question, does the spring pack center bolt just have a nut on top I can back off, or is the pin riveted? Thanks.

#2 ·
If it's like the front, its a bolt/nut. If it's in good enough shape you can just remove the leaf and cut the bolt and re-use it.... but IMO I'd get a new bolt.

#3 ·
Its just a nut/bolt with a rounded head on the bottom side, easiest way to take them apart is with 2 LARGE c-clamps (a ball joint tool works as well). Make sure they are close enough to either side of the center pin and clamp them "snug" before you unbolt the center pin itself ... I've had the pin snap on me before and trust me it will ruin your day if your hand is in the way... also you may need a pair of vise grips to hold the bottom side of the pin to keep it from spinning. Once out, loosen the clamps evenly until the spring pack is free. Remove the spring and reinstall the same way just reverse. An alignment tool or long screwdriver through the center holes will help you keep the springs aligned while tightening up

#4 ·
Mine was rusted and twisted off.

I drove it out with a punch and replaced it with a cap head bolt. Works great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.