Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Smoking to much for liking

4K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  southbend_powerstroke 
#1 ·
So my truck (in my sig) smokes to much for me. I hate getting on it and waiting for my turbo to spool up and smoking out two lanes. Maybe I'm to heavy footed? I want to change my turbo to clean this garbage up. I want to stay with stock injectors. What are your suggestions for a turbo? Wide open ipthere is a thick haze behind me and I'm not liking it. Thank for the help ahead of time!

#3 ·
:whs: what are your egt's?

#4 ·
I cruise at 65 in 5th gear at about 550. Wide open I maybe hit 1100 much very rarely. And I don't have a egr delete. Want to do that with my studs but don't have the money. Just clean my egr valve maybe?

#6 ·
Doesn't sound very normal :/

#8 ·
What tune are you running, on a wot what are egts and boost? Have you emailed Eric about it? I'm sure he can help you with the tune.
I've been hearing great things about the durastroke turbos.

#9 ·
:whs: that my next goodie buy the stage 2

#10 ·
Wot I'm 33psi and sometimes loaded I can peak 36. My egts are about 1100 or a bit Less. I forgot all about the guy that wrote my tunes :doh: I will ask him if I can't get it figured out myself this weekend.

#14 ·
CCV reroute may help a bit, I don't know if it would completely clear it up though. Mine smokes too and I don't care for it.

#15 ·
I wish my stock turbo would hit them numbers.

#18 ·
36 psi of boost.
When I had a stock turbo highest number I ever hit was 32.

#19 ·
Oh yeah idk why I have those numbers. I also put down 428 rwhp and 760tq on the dyno and people said that was high for a stock 6.0

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#21 ·
Idk. I rarley hit 1100. Mt buddies 03 will hit 1400. I have never had that. 1200 towing once but that's at a 7% grade at 70 lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.