Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

blue spring

14K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  onebadcoastie 
#1 ·
im looking into a blue spring for a 6.0 and was wondering whats the pros and cons of upgrading to this or will i be just waisting my money

#2 ·
There are no cons. Low fuel pressure at WOT kills injectors plain and simple. Tie a rope to the top rad hose to pull it out of the way a little, disconnect the intercooler outlet at the elbow and rotate it up out of the way, grab a #27 Torx. It'll take you 15 minutes tops to put it in.

#3 ·
Well worth it. I idle 70psi and never drops past 55psi WOT now.

#10 ·
Don't need a new housing. Just undo the bolts replace the gasket and spring. If you do it like I do you don't need to touch the fuel lines which are easily twisted.

#11 ·
Dang 70psi..... I only get 60 but that's from idle all the way to WOT.

#19 ·
Below is a schematic of the fuel supply for a 6.0L. The banjo's (check valves is what they are called on the 6.0) are circled in yellow. I circled the housing for the spring in red.

Auto part Automotive engine part Engine Diagram

Next is a comparison between the stock check valves (on top) and 6.4 banjo's. Notice the size of the openings for fuel to run through.

Fastener Screw Brass Metal Plumbing fitting

Check valve on the right, 6.4 banjo on the left. NO restriction.

Metal Brass Electronic device Wire

Internals of the stock check valves.

Product Technology Electronic device Material property

#13 ·
Find the fuel filter housing under the hood, at about 5oclock on that with be a small housing bolted to the side vertically with 4 black torx bolts. Undo those and you will see the spring, simply put new spring and gasket on and bolt it back up

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#15 ·
Order it online is your best bet. Several dealers on this website as well.

#23 ·
I have an 06 also, I couldn't find a use for the black piece either (it's till on my workbench).
Before installing the spring I was getting about 50 psi at Wide Open Throttle. I get 65 at idle and 65 at WOT now, although I've replaced both the factory steel fuel lines that run from the secondary fuel filter to the heads. These lines eliminate the banjo's at the heads.
I also took off the banjo bolts on the secondary fuel filter housing for the steel lines that go to and from the fuel pump, and drilled them out. I probably added 30% more area for the fuel to flow.

#26 ·
i seen a how to video on youtube and the guy said after he changed his he lost a couple injectors.... Any one else experienced this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.