Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

me and the repo man....

4K views 40 replies 30 participants last post by  Redfish 
#1 ·
wow.... this world really likes to kick ya when your down..... Repo man just showed up to take my mom and dads SUV.... they are in town with my pickup, needless to say I am here by myself.....

them repo guys are tough SOB's... I came out the house with a gun and he pulled one and shoved right in my face....told me to back the #### off and I said what the #### do you want.... he said #### off and drove off shortly after...

this was a great night.... so glad I could enjoy it alone....

:(

#8 ·
I don't know how it works in other states, but here if the "owner" catches them and tells them to get the ####, the repo guy has to let it go. Might be worth hiring a liar, err, lawyer.

#9 ·
sorry to hear about that, i dont know if they have to give you notice. i had a buddy that worked at les schwab up there and unlike ca. up there they can repo tires and wheels and leave the car on blocks, even at a stoplight. in ca. they can repo but have to leave you able to roll.

#10 ·
No need in hiding the thing. If they sent ya a repo notice you should empty your stuff out and park it on the street where they can get it easy with the keys readily accesable. The only reason they repo it is cuz someone aint payin for it. The Repo guy is just doin his job and you pulled a gun on him first!!

If i was him i would of reacted the same way

How would you like someone come to your work and point a gun in your face?

Travis

#11 ·
From all I have heard from repo men doesn't seem they give any notice short of maybe a warning of you being in danger of getting reoped. Then when it happens a lot of the times its in the middle of the night or in and out sorta deal so they don't have to yack with the owner. Most of the ones I have heard carry .

If the guys are decent you should be able to go down to the yard and if ya ask nicely get your alt and other stuff. But with the gun being pulled they may not want to let ya get anything, but ye never know if ya play nice they may let ya get the stuff.

Hope things start going better for you and your family. Your family will continue to be in my prayers.

#12 ·
you got plenty of warnings. all the statements that say that you owe money. DUH. and JJ, its not very smart to go running around swingin guns in peoples faces, especially as young as you are. he probably just took it as a joke. at least i would if someone like you put a gun in my face. not making fun, just stating facts

#13 ·
moremph and slowleak are dead on..

sorry for your hard times..but if you don't pay for you item..you cant keep it..after 3 month (normally) on non-payment..repo men come..there is no way that you didn't know it was coming.

swing a gun around aint to smart of a thing to do..they are just doing their job..

#15 ·
FWIW, I never pointed the gun at him... I only grabbed it cause I didnt know who was hauling ass down the driveway.... once I figured it out, I put it down to my side.....

and I find out now that my dad has been trying to call the loan company to work a deal and straighten things out but they never return his calls or emails.... to me that is more ####in wrong than not being able to pay the bill on time....

and its not like we just didnt pay.... we just couldnt.... and he has been workin his ass off to find a job and I think he finally did but i guess its too late.... now we get to pay for something we dont even have....

sorry, I am just frustrated.... prolly shouldnt of even started the thread.....

#17 ·
When i would hook and book I would do it at all times of the day. Sometimes at the work place or friends house or right out of the drive way. As for bringing a gun out bad idea I always had my 10mm with shockwaves ready to go.

As for your dad sorry to hear about the bad times I would still try to call the bank and work things out (they will change you for the repo). They rather not send it to the auto auction.

#18 ·
Your biggest problem started when the bill was not paid. Second problem started when you brought a gun out and had no intention of using it.

Getting a gun pulled on you was well deserved because he was defending himself. You just don't take a gun out if you don't have the balls to use it.

#20 ·
Repo men are like the middle man of the whole situation arent they? They just get hired by the bank or loan company to do this right?

As for the gun thing. If something terrible happened say someone getting shot chances are you will be at fault even if you were shot. Hypothetically speaking though. The repo man would just have to claim self defense or something.

#21 ·
I agree with BigTonaka they really would rather have the money then the truck. They usually make a lot of calls before turning it over to a collection agency, attorney or repo. Give them a call and pay up and then try to work out a payment schedule your folks can afford. A lot of times they'll let you pay just interest until you can get on your feet.

#22 ·
Your parents should be able to contact the lender, make payment up to date, then the lender will contact the repo guy and your parents will be able to arrange for them to pick it up.

Hang in there. I hope it works out. Don't worry about starting the thread. Times are tuff all over.

But, stop pulling out a gun over property (not in your home). Deadly force over an SUV isn't the answer.

#23 ·
You guys should really look into montana and wyoming.I get Needs asigned list every day and there are 30 jobs in montana and 30 jobs in wyoming that need completed.They aren't getting done and this company is getting desperate cause there complete rate is only 53%.I am writing a proposal this weekend to cover 10 jobs here in oregon with trip compensation.Your dad or you know anything about Sat communication or computers or tv's?

I have another company that can't find nobody for entirprise work.Gas stations motels big corporate stuff.I told them to Stuff it yesterday cause they don't pay worth a crap for the amount of work.Well they want a conference call monday to re nagotiate.

Month ago maybe two I was ####ed big time.No work sitting on my ass for days a time on PSN.Busted my ass begged for work to prove what we got and bingo now I have too much and I am going to take on more.Its a roller coaster time to ride it.

#24 ·
All you had to do to stop him, if you were worried they would repo is park other vehicles around it or park it inside a fence or garage. Repo people are not allowed to move to touch or bother other things to remove the vehicle. If they do they can be shot for one thing, arrested for another.

Ran into this when I was repo'ing a car from a person once.

This post has been deleted
#27 ·
They won't tell you they are going to Repo your vehicle. Too many low lifes hide them or trade with some one else or other tactics to keep from loosing their ride. I used to Repo and the hardest part of the job was finding the vehicle. If I could find it it was mine. Most of the laws read that if you are caught on private property you have to leave it. If you have possession in the street it is yours. As for moving cars or getting them out of garages if you're in the street it's your word against theirs. Again if you have it in the street you get to keep it. I once took a guys car out of his locked garage while he was sitting in the connected kitchen eating breakfast. Got the car out and locked his garage back up for him. I would have loved to seen his face when he found his car gone and his garage still locked up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.