Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Some Advice...

475 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Webster.D.W 
#1 ·
I am new to the forum and joined in order to get some advice on a 7.3l that I have an eye on. I have been searching for a 99-02 model F250 with the 7.3L diesel for a while now, but none have worked out.

I chose this because I am pretty set on the 7.3 and it is the truck I want, but I am fairly unfamiliar when it comes to suspension upgrades beyond lifts. Here is the description of the truck I am looking at:

"2001 Ford F250, single cab, 4x4, 7.3l diesel, 88k original miles, strong automatic transmission, brand new rough country 6" lift professionally installed just over a month ago, new rough country dual steering stabilizers, new ford motorcraft front hub assemblies on driver and passenger side, new pioneer head unit with rockford fosgate speakers, New warn premium manual locking hubs, New Teak U-Joints on both end of the rear drive shaft, Replaced part of the slip yoke assembly while have the rear drive shaft professionally lengthened, the same done for front drive shaft, other various front end components replaced when new lift was installed, new interstate batteries, no shortcuts were taken on this truck

If anyone could offer some advice on these kinds of suspension mods I would really appreciate it. My concern is that the components will not have the longevity that they should. That was my main reason for choosing the 7.3L - longevity of life. I just am not sure when you start messing around with the engineering - lengthening the driveshaft etc... - if you are asking for constant fixing etc... So any of y'all with this kind of experience please offer it.

The rest of the truck seems awesome... I mean only 88K miles on it...

Anyway, thanks for the advice... I appreciate it...

Dillon

Dillon

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.