Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Fox or Bilstein??

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  powerlifter405 
#1 ·
I've narrowed it down to the 5160's, the fox 300 Multiple Choices which they also make in a resevoir and the PP.

I priced out the kings and just for the rear I'm looking at nearly 800 bucks. Can't quite justify that for just the rears.

I've already talked to cary about the PP but I want some input from end-users.
The Fox, according to Fox, are valved for the SD.

Im at the factoryish height w/ 5200lb front springs so Icon won't fit my truck and every time I call, the male techs are pretty useless/unenthusiastic to sell their product.

Thoughts?

#4 ·
I'm probably going to buy 5160s this week. If the valving isn't right, I'll revalve them myself.

#5 ·
Does anyone have a part number for shock boots for 5160s ? They don't come with them and I need a set.

Thanks

#8 ·
The 5160 was originally made, as I've been lead to believe, for the SD and other models then followed. The 5160 has the remote mount and the internals are better suited to provide improved ride qualities due to the increased rod travel vs seperate charge/oil location.
..these were developed for the '05 up by Shane in Bilsteins racing dept valving was specifit for the SD's.
The 5100 was made as an OE upgrade and several models were "valved" specific. .

Maybe I'm explaining it fuzzy but after talking w/ obswiz and bilstein this is how I understand it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.