Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

good place to get smoked headlights?

2K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  one2nine 
#1 ·
I'm on my second set of smoked headlight for my '99 SD from ebay and I'm having the same problem. They get moisture in them and it seems to eat away at the reflective chrome inside. Both times i called the sellers and they said its not there problem cause I've had them for six months and there warranty is only three months. The seals around the light plugs are good and were replaced last year. I've tried to search for this and didn't find what I was looking for. What have you guys had good luck with?

#2 ·
Oops i ment turn signals! The headlights are just fine.

#3 ·
No 0ne has smoked turn signals?

#4 ·
most people just do the 05 conversion with harley lights, most times it can be cheaper, plus the added look of the new lights, what i did on both my 99 and 03. my 08 is just gonna get color matched on them

#5 ·
I thought about the 05 upgrade but changing out the headlights and turn signals was easier. I do love the was the 05-07s look tho

#7 ·
it is i can get a conversion done on the stock header panel in under 30 minutes, its not bad at all, and you have no light loss scince its just a black housing and not the lens it self that is blacked out

#8 ·
Dieselboy, do you like your smoked headlights? I was thinking about getting a set. How bright are they with stock bulbs?

(I dont want harley lights and I do not like the look of the '05; seems like everyone does these)

#9 ·
I like my smoked headlights, they are twice as bright as the factory lights with stock bulbs. The lights I bought have a smoked clear lens vs the '99 lights that were yellowed and had the lines that ran across the lens.

#10 ·
Ill post some pics for ya, sorry I dont know how to make them bigger.

Attachments

#11 ·
ok Ill try this

Attachments

#12 ·
I think they look pretty good! I have been lookin at new head lights for a long time, and was just about to buy them when I saw this thread, hearing that they are brighter than stock makes me want them even more, so I am going to order them right now!

Thanks man

#14 ·
You will like the new lights and with your truck being a darker color it will look really good and give it a claen new look.

#15 ·
I would think the heat from the bulbs would burn some of the water out, id like to know how the water got in there, i dont drive through rivers or anything. I might order a new set and put a vent hole or two in mudwizer where did you get your lights from?

#16 ·
I got the new corner lights ordered, should be in middle of this week. I'm going to drill the vent holes in this set. Mudwizer, where did you drill your holes? all over the bottom? just a few in the back?

#17 ·
Personally I've ran smoked headlights before and I'll never run them again. Even with HID's the light output sucked. IMO a black housing painted would look better. If the pics you posted are of smoke headlights, they aren't nearly as dark as what I previously ran on some of my vehicles, so you might be ok.

#18 ·
The pics are the smoked headlights I have on the truck, they are lightly tinted. My headlights are brighter with these lights vs the yellowed stock ones, and these look a lot better. Now if I can just find some smoked corner lights that last more then a year we'd be doing good.

#20 ·
Thoes are very dark!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.