Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New clutch

703 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  spoiled450boy 
#1 ·
Just got a 450hp single disc south bend clutch put in my 6.0, alls it has is intake and sct chip. Kinda wanting to know a break in period. Guy who did it said bout a month, how many miles till its ready?

#2 ·
if your talkin about burnin the #### outta it than its never gonna be ready LOL

#3 ·
No, just when can i start playing with it.

#4 ·
Well my Kevlar ceramic 500hp clutch took about 500 miles to fully wear in which is what they suggest. But the more you can down shift to slow down the better. Plenty of town driving will do you good. I learned the hard way that thesenclutches are not made for goofing off. 8 pulls at the track, 5 burnouts all with in 10k and I was down to the buttons. Don't put too much pressure on it and you'll be good!

#5 ·
Hmmm alrigh thanks i appreciate it, hopefully i can get it to last more then 10k ha.

#6 ·
Yeahhhh I sucked lol I had just finished my turbo swap and I was putting my trans back in and said why not check the clutch. Yeah good thing I did lol by what's 3k spent in 2 weeks!? Lol

#7 ·
Haha yeah i hear yah, i probably will keep the truck just chipped and straight piped, all that other stuff really starts costin some money ha.

#9 ·
I'm running a South Bend 8CB (8 ceramic buttons each side), it's got 61k on it. It works good, doesn't slip like the stocker. It's a little herky-jerky for backing the 5er up hill into a parking spot, but I manage. While my engine is out here soon, I'll inspect it and replace it if it's not in good shape.

#10 ·
Yeah thats just what i had a shop
Put in, they said it was the biggest clutch they could get me from there supplier without going to a duel disc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.