Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

how much nitrous?

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  mgeistman 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 f250 ccsb , head studs and egr deleted with a edge and 5" straight pipe , I will be switching to sct and kem tunes before I do but I was wondering how much nitrous is ok to run , I plan on racing every weekend 1/4 mile , I have read .090 jet is big as I need is this true and how does that equal horsepower?

#2 ·
You can keep spraying into You clear up all the smoke in the tailpipe down the dragstrip I use a .92 in mine and it's more than enough nitrous it's a about 125 hp gain with the injectors that I have maybe more on stock probably around 90 to 100 horse gain. Nitrous is not playing rule so you can spray as much as you would like, but since it's not flammable if you sprayed too much you will lose power. All you need is enough to burn the unburned fuel that you have already best thing to do is get a few jets and just try them out every truck runs different make sure you do not spray until you can see at least 7 to 10 pounds of boost

#3 ·
I'm ging to a open nozzle on mine though.

#5 ·
Sorry no track times

#6 ·
All I've done is a dyno with stock injectors and a .092 jet and it was a solid 100 hp gain. I just bought one jet and drill a little bigger till I thought it was good.

#8 ·
Should work wonders!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.