Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need help leveling my truck!!!

715 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Ian123 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 f-350 and I put a 2.5 leveling kit on it, and it still sets a inch lower in the front. how Can I level my truck?!?!?!

#2 ·
Really? It shouldn't? Do you have helper springs or anything in the back? See what size block it has. Might not be a facTory. Wait a min. is it a 4x4??

#3 ·
Actually it should still sit lower in the front than in the rear. I am not sure what exactly is the difference between a SRW F350 and a F250 as far as rear block heights and spring configurations but I know that my 06 F350 (stock) sits 4in higher in the rear than in the front (as I measure the distance between the tires and wheel fenders). I know for me raising the front up 2.5in and leaving the rear alone should put me at, which is what I presume you are seeing, about the rear being 1.5in higher than the front. This would be great for me as i would be able to carry my motorcycle in the bed and ride level. JMO.

If you really want to level it out, you probably need 4in lift springs for the front and leave the factory blocks in the rear but you would probably need to do steering adjustments like track bar and dropped pitman arm as well as control arm drop brackets.

#4 ·
You could also go to icon suspension and order the 1" spacer for the springs and be done with it. They call it TEI for The Extra Inch.

D

#5 ·
But have you measured the highth from the rocker panal to the highest point in the finders? Im not 100% but I think the rear fender is taller than the front. So measuring from the tire to the top will always come out with the rear being taller on a tape measure and making it look like the rear is higher than the front, so you would accually have to raise the front higher than the rear for it to "look" level.

#6 ·
this is my 350 with a 2.5" level... depending on the ground and angle..sometimes it looks lower in the front yet sometimes the rear sags... eyes play tricks on ya. I can tell you that if I ever hook to a trailer It sags out back.. needs bags...

but it my be getting dropped soon :evil

#7 ·
What a beauty!!

#8 ·
In case you don't already know, the rear block on a 350 is 2 inches higher than on a 250. My 250 with a 2.5" leveling kit measures the same height front and rear from the ground to the top of the fender, but looking at it coming down the road the back is clearly lower. I don't get it.

EDIT: just read mgeistman's post about the rear fender wells being taller than the front

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.