Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

led accent

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Diesel dumper 
#1 ·
had these red led's layin around and decided to put them behind the grille, thinkin about putting 2 more (top and bottom)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Around here its only illegal if its blue.

#10 ·
i think here its only blue lights that arn't aloud to face forward, and idk where im gunna put them if i even use them at all, i was thinking maby under the back seats, there prety bright so i dont want to put them under my dash and make it hard to see at night while driving

#11 ·
I did mine like 3 weeks ago i think there sweet, I have 2 more to put on top and 1 more for the middle. There all legal and good to go, red is only illegal here.

Attachments

#13 ·
#14 ·
updated pic

#16 ·
Any color in the front of a vehicle besides Amber and White are illegal out of respect for Rescue vehicles. Throw them on a toggle switch and call it a day. You'll most likely never receive a ticket if you just simply (Nicely) show the officer they are hooked to a toggle switch and you use the phrase "They are only for show, I had forgot to turn them off"

Take it from a Criminal Justice major and Police officer in training.

#17 ·
Light laws vary by state. Some states allow tow trucks to use red lights, but you dont have to yield to them.
Some states allow blue and/or green for on call or volunteer EMS/Firefighters in their personal vehicles for response.

#18 ·
Exactly. Being a Michigan officer, Light laws in Michigan are cut throat but most officers use their discretion on first time offenders and or if the lights are toggled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.