Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Plumbing ARB air lockers to my VIAIR tank

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TANK'S 250 
#1 ·
I've got a VIAIR compressor and tank setup on my EX that is running my airhorns. I'm doing ARBs front and rear, and trying to figure out how to plumb it. I bought the airlocker fitting kit from VIAIR, but from what I can tell that kit only comes with one fitting for an air line (there's also a draincock, plug, thread adapter, and maybe one other piece). Apparently the hose diameter for the VIAIR lines is larger than the one for the ARBs. I haven't confirmed it, but I assume the fitting in the VIAIR parts kit is the right diameter for an ARB (but I'm going to need another one). I'm just trying to figure out the following:

1. Coming off the VIAIR tank I would think I would need two air lines (three total if you include my air horns). One line going to each ARB solenoid. I thought maybe a t-fitting would come in the VIAIR kit, but it doesn't have one. Is there some sort of multi-port adapter that I can come off the tank with to run the separate lines?

2. The PSI coming out of the VIAIR tank is somewhere north of 100. Maybe 150psi? The solenoid for each of the ARBs should be able to handle that pressure, shouldn't they?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
Run a 1/4"ID (3/8"OD) line from the air tank to an area within the engine compartment. Install a tube-1/4"NPT male fitting and connect to a regulator. Get a 1/4" Nipple and a 1/4" Tee. Bush down to 1/8" NPT on the 2 Tee outlets. Add the solenoids. Run the supplied lines to each of the ARBs. Set regulator to about 90psi.

#4 ·
Where did you get your fittings and regulators? I thought a regulator would be the way to go, but the tech at 4WP thought the solenoids would control the pressure adequately. I like your idea better though. Thanks.

#5 ·
Did your tank come with the multiple ports? I would assume VIAIR has a multi-port fitting I can tap off the main tank, but I haven't investigated it thoroughly yet. Are your dryers just standard air-compressor line dryers? I assume you plumb those in before the ARB solenoids? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.