Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need help identifying a part

2K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  wetnsloppy4x 
#1 ·
My truck is in the shop getting the EGR delete treatment. I have procured a (FCDP) EGR Delete, blue spring upgrade, OEM Head gasket, ARP Head studs, and Oil cooler rebuild.

I am getting my FICM rebuilt, but i was recently informed I need to replace my "HPOP Oil Discharge Tubes" and my "High Pressure Oil Coupler". I cannot for the life of me find either of those parts online. If anyone can point me in the right direction Id be so very appreciative.

I came over here from powerstroke.org because no one felt the need to help me. Please be a more helpful crowd.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
I am by no means an expert(I'm still learning too), but why in the world would you have to replace the discharge tubes, unless they destroyed them when trying to get them undone to get the heads off. Either way you are probably going to have to go to the stealership to get them. Hopefully someone else will chime in with more info.

#4 ·
yea termonogy or however you spell it is wrong. they are called standpipes and dummy plugs or rail plugs and need to be done if the truck is tore down. they have a teflon o ring on them to help prevent a hp oil leak which will cause a no start situation. cheap insurance to make sure you dont have problems down the road. and yes the one on the pump is STC fitting and i would do that one also!

#6 ·
Hey yall I appreciate the input. I'm pretty sure thats what ol boy is talking about but just to be sure were all on the same page. this is what he said about each part. "Never heard it called that before. Different companies have there own name. Fords name for it is HOP Tubes. And the other will be HOPP Seal Kit and Coupler. The coupler goes from the HOPP to HOP Rail."

Can anyone confirm this is the same stuff? Thanks again

#7 ·
terminology for these parts is pretty set in stone as far as those in the know

but a country boy usually makes up His own terms lol

I think Monster has you set as far as Part #'s and the correct "common" part name

PS google the acronym HOP and HOPP and you will get no 6.0 related hits.

try STC fitting and then Stand pipe /dummy plugs and boom 6.0 everywhere

Oh and HOP is something you do when you drop a hammer on your foot ,, HPO is High Pressure Oil and HPOP is the related Pump LOL

#8 ·
terminology for these parts is pretty set in stone as far as those in the know

but a country boy usually makes up His own terms lol

I think Monster has you set as far as Part #'s and the correct "common" part name

PS google the acronym HOP and HOPP and you will get no 6.0 related hits.

try STC fitting and then Stand pipe /dummy plugs and boom 6.0 everywhere

Oh and HOP is something you do when you drop a hammer on your foot ,, HPO is High Pressure Oil and HPOP is the related Pump LOL
Hey the ol' boy was pretty close. LOL

Vudue Priest, tell the feller you want you HPODS (High Pressure Oil Delivery System) squared away right and wait for the confused look on his face. LOL

#9 ·
Hey yall I appreciate your help, Ol boy has a bit of a southern twang. But thats what i was looking for. it would seem Im having issues finding the SCT fitting for the 03 motors... But my real question is has anyone had any experience with the BORGWARNER
S400 turbos... I'm looking at industrial injection turbos. Wasnt sure if it takes custom tubing and pedastool and what not.

#10 ·
I'm no turbo expert but I don't think you'll get any S400 to spool as a single. Most of the single non-vgt setups use an S300 frame turbo.

There are tons of turbo options out there but it really depends on what you do with your truck and what mods you have. That said, most kits come with everything you need. You'd have to talk to the builder to be sure. If I were you, I'd look into MPDs new turbos. They are getting some big turbos to spool great.

#11 ·
I am having issues finding the SCT Fitting... for my 2004 body w/03 motor. 4C3Z-9B246-F is supposedly for 05 and up engines... does anyone know if that or 4C3Z-9B246-E will fit my truck?

Next question Im really toying with the idea of getting a Turbonetics torque master or a garrett stage 1 replacement. I know the turbonetics requires a tune and im planning on having matt from gear head do one for me. but how do yall feel bout either of those.

#14 ·
I should have been clearer in my post. The '03's don't have the stand pipes that are prone to fail. In '04.25 they switched to a different design(s) that are known weak links.

Rarely do you hear about an '03 stand pipe failing. If it gives you peace of mind though, then by all means replace it. You can't put a price on that.

#19 ·
It does... its on slide 49... "The oil line is connected to the oil filter base
using a snap to connect fitting and requires
a special tool for removal." page 41 shows something connecting the stand pipe to the high pressure oil branch. Im just trying to figure out what i need to get my daily driver back

#23 ·
Now I'm back to which after market turbo I want... I tow very little, my truck is my daily driver/ long haul ride. I dont want a remanned oem turbo just cuz it makes me sick with fear that in another 50000-100000 miles it will go out again... I have been looking pretty hard at Turbonetics torque master, BD thruster II and garrett power max. I know the turbonetics requires a tune, but im not sure if i NEED it for performance reasons or to delete the CEL. I would love feed back in this area and reasons why. Also looking at Gibson extreme duals. I won a partial sponsorship with them so... if that makes any relevant difference.

#24 ·
Your most economical option out of those you listed is the Powermax. Don't expect a bunch of extra power over your stocker with stock injectors though. It will drop in place of your stock turbo without any modifications though and does flow a little more air. From what a bunch of guys are experiencing, 175s/190s are what it likes for injectors, as would the other two you listed.

I personally wouldn't consider the other two, just because I think there are better offerings out there anymore.

Honestly, if you're serious about going non-VGT, call MPD. They are putting out some impressive turbos these days with some great pricing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.