Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anybody ever hear of this? Its a chair you sit on to push down the front suspension..

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  theSLEEPER 
#1 ·
I thought it was called a Rodeo chair but I cannot find any info on it. Its basically a chair/bar you sit on that attaches to the front suspension to compress it down to get the spring/strut back in after doing a leveling kit. So you are not prying on it with pry bars and slipping and wrecking stuff. We do a ton of leveling kits here and I cannot figure out where to buy one but I have seen them before.

#2 ·
Re: Anybody ever hear of this? Its a chair you sit on to push down the front suspensi

Hey Jason
When I was looking into doing my coils I found no shortage of cool tools

any images here what you after??

strut compressor - Google Search

but you mean an actual chair ?? crazy

#4 ·
Re: Anybody ever hear of this? Its a chair you sit on to push down the front suspensi

not all shocks expand some are static ,,
but he's probaly installing coils and u use the same compressor to get the into the bucket

I know I have to fight mine open to get the spring in even when using a spring compressor the room is tight ,, so if I could get the travel to open more it would be cool

#9 ·

Well most leveling kits are spacers on the top of the factory spring/strut setup. So in order to get it back in the vehicle you have to pry down the lower suspension to get it back into the truck. Mostly on like F150's dodge 2500s etc. We do have coil compressors but 90% of the time they do not fit in the vehicle when you are trying to put it in.

#10 ·

I'm an idiot... I've been thinking the chair was too compress the suspension...

Loosening the rear radius arm bolt still applies though. It's worth it for the time it saves working the springs everywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.