Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

?? About stacks

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  hwrdbd 
#1 ·
Ok so I can get a nice deal from my friend for dual 8" black stacks 36" tall. And I really want to buy them but will the noice be ridiculously loud? Comes with y pipe but no down pipe so I'm thinking about buying a 4" downpipe for it.

#2 ·
Moving your exhaust closer to you will make it louder for the obvious reason. Are you planning on running a muffler with it? Either way you'll either love it or hate it, but if it's like any other straight piped 6.0/7.3 with stacks it'll be loud.

#8 ·
ive always ran 7in stacks for perfect example me and a buddy both had 03s, with intakes, cat deletes, only real difference was mine was 4x4 and crew cab, he ran 6in dual stacks and i ran 7in stacks and mine were louder than his, no experience with 8in or above stacks

#10 ·
Yea I noticed 8" are a little to big but it was cheaper than goin out and buyin brand new 6" or 7" stacks. I will be buyin 4" downpipe and I guess flex pipe to connect..I'm new to doing aftermarket stuff but my friend will be installing these. Also lookin forward to gettin a 6 pos chip from tw

#11 ·
If you want a stack setup, I'd say go for it. You say you're getting a good deal, and he will help with install? Sounds like a good way to kill a few beers and learn about working on your truck. You can always sell these stacks sometime down the road and get 6" if you prefer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.