Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

8-10" with 37-40" tires. Pictures and measurements please.

64K views 52 replies 16 participants last post by  Michael5126 
#1 ·
Well after 5 years of 14-15" of lift and 41-45" tires. It's time to lower it some. Having the one of biggest truck in Utah isn't the most highway patrol friendly.

So I am deciding what I want to lower it to.

Please post pictures and if you would, measure under the driver seat to the lowest part of the frame.

Thank you in advance.

#3 ·
Good looking truck. The frame measurement is important. If you get a chance post up what it is. 28" is the law in Utah.

I am at 37" currently.

#6 ·
Thanks. I knew you would be high. I am trying to get close to 28", but want to run 40's as my gears are 4.88, don't want to spend money on swapping gears out.

#7 ·
I'll measure my Ex today or tomorrow. 6.5" lift with 37s. Next week I'll have 8" lift with 38s, and I'll try and get a measurement on that as well. That assumes the measurements on my Ex will be roughly equal to your truck. If it looks like I can fit them, I'll be doing 40s with the 8" lift, but I won't be able to determine that until after I get the lift on and 38s under it. I'll get you that measurement too if I go that route.

#8 ·
I would appreciate that Butcher.

#9 ·
Well I'll put it this way, my friend had 8" on 40's and it was illegal here in VA, where the law is your rear bumper can't be over 31". So I would assume that puts the frame over 28" but I could be wrong.

#13 ·
Yes I am curious. I think the frame is close to the same.

#15 ·
I do not like cutouts.

#16 ·
I'll try and get my frame measurements today when I'm up at my mechanic's shop. He's got the body off my Ex right now, so it should be easy to get an accurate measurement to the frame. I assume you need the bottom of the frame to be no higher than 28" from the ground?

#19 ·
Pictures please Snake.

#22 ·
Be happy to. Are you looking for the overall stance of truck, measurement at the frame, or all of the above? :D

Chit.....I'm gonna have to do some cleaning before I post dirty truck pics all over the innerwebs. LOL

#20 ·
The law is 28" to lowest part of the frame in Utah. I don't care to be above that slightly. Just curious how low I am dropping it.

#21 ·
I had 6.5 and 39.5's on my 04 and UHP measured me under the door they said it was 29 and gave me a warning haha. now running 35 on the same lift and measure 24 that's the only way the shop would pass it. so I'm sure you could go 8 and 37 or 38 and not get hassled to much man

#29 ·
Tonka,
I forgot to take measurements before we took the body off my EX. However, I will try and take some after the 8" lift and 38s go on. Right now it looks like this...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.