Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

SGT Rackley IPR MOD

6K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  joshua.a.rackley 
#1 ·
Befor I go on with this I wanted to know if anyone has machined out the holes in the IPR tube to get a greater volume of flow to the oil rails? Looking at doing this to see if this would help with IRP problems many of us have incured. If I do not see any replies I will go on with this, but if there is someone who has done this with bad results PLEASE let me know before I go on with this thanks guys for all of the help.

#3 ·
Yup, IPR is the way back to the pan for the overflow... Has nothing to do with volume to the rails.

#5 ·
He does not want flow thru the IPR from his post he wants more flow to the oil rails. He was just misguided in thinking that would do it.

I wanted to know if anyone has machined out the holes in the IPR tube to get a greater volume of flow to the oil rails?

#7 ·
Lol famous is the least of my thoughts. Thanks for the post guys just looking to see if there is a way to get better flow all around though. Was thinking that the I PR supplied the oil to the rails but after looking at a flow chart I found that was not the case. So looking else where open to ideas. I have had problems with my pop PS I being smooth up to 2000 then instantly jumps to 3000 I am almost positive it is my I PR going, but basing that off of me eating 3 this year so like I said open to ideas thanks again guys.

#8 ·
Hows things going Joey? Hows the beta testing with the 6.0 pumps?

#9 ·
Anyone know why there would be intermitten signal loss that would cause no throttle response? Thanks

#11 ·
I have changed the sensor or do I need to change the whole peddle? I didnt understand why the whole peddal just for the sensor. If you could shed some light on this so I could understand I would appriciate it. Also If any one has any wire schematics of the throttle system That would help me understanr even more. I read those for a living lol just caint seem to find one on this system. Thanks guys.

#29 ·
i had a truck with the stock cam sensor that would sometimes "cut-out" like it would if pedal was bad...but only in the rain usually

#12 ·
DO you get a CEL and or a code?
Have you checked? I would expect a code if you actually lost power like that?

Have you already changed the throttle position sensor out?

If you can get the sensor separate from the pedal for your year and version then I see no reason to also change the pedal itself. Some only come as a all in one assembly. Nice way to make a lot more money. Many times just cleaning the contacts and connectors pins etc can get these working again indefinitely.

What are you trying to understand about what the sensor does? I think I could dig up the schematic.

#13 ·
Tram I have cleaned the connectors to the TPS, after some thinging I am in the thought of it may be the idle validation switch. It does not throw a code bbut the cel comes on then when the pedal id depressed the light goes out and you have throttle response again. Some times this happens 2-4 times befor the signal goes out for response. I am thinking that the PCM will not allow the signal to be sent if there is a miss from the IVS. Just a thought process any way to test this theroy? Thanks Tarm

#14 ·
thanks Tarm

#17 ·
rolling coal, Do you have a PN? I will look into this though thanks for the idea

#18 ·
The main problem i am having though is the skinny not working when pressed. It only does when it wants to.

#19 ·
alright I know this started as an IPR mod thread, but I test drove the truck today after adjusting the TPS the closest to 4.0 ohms as it would alow coming up short with 3.87 ohms. we will see how she does this week if it happens again I am going to buy the whole pedal assy, ICP, and I have a new IPR in the shop already. Thanks for all of the help guys, and also I found that the CAT IPR's are better due to bigger oil valleys cut into the plunger. So I guess it would be safe to say that there are the high volume IPR of the day lol.

#20 ·
hmm that seems new to me, find a p/n for the CAT ipr? Truely how much more flow are we talking about? kinda like the better blue CPS from International...

#23 ·
So Got an IPR from the CAT recycler that is down in onterio ca and sure as chit it works. I am going to run it for a week and see if there is any draw backs or advantage. Either way I will keep yall posted. I usually see no more than 3200 PSI on my manual gauge for the HPO, and alreadr have seen 3500-3600 PSI so either my old one was cloged to an extent or the seloniod was shot either way it seems to like it a little better. Hope this one last and continues to work better with out any draw backs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.