Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Will an 08 lift fit an 06?

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  wynndaddy 
#1 ·
Ive got an 06 and plan to lift it. I know where I can get a great deal on a used Rize 8" and the guy swears it will fit my truck. The website shows slightly different part numbers so Im unsure.

Any input on this??

Thanks

#4 ·
The other definite difference is the track bar bracket at the frame rail.

The sway bar links are different between the two as well. 06 trucks have a stud and a spherical bearing and the 08s have sphericals on both ends.

#9 ·
The front of the frame on a 08 and up truck starts to drop down in the area of the most forward bolt hole for the trac bar bracket. Because of this the front bolt hole for the trac bar bracket is not as far forwards on the frame on a 08 and up truck versus 05 to 07 trucks.

Ive never tried to change one with the other but I had to build a track bar bracket for my truck and I looked at a lot of 05 to 2011 trucks to make sure I solved my problem with the new bracket and noticed the differences between the trucks and brackets.

#11 ·
Unless the lift is over 4.5 inches you shouldnt need a drop trac bar bracket or drop pitman arm anyways, just an adjustable trac bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.