Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Bestop PowerBoards

4K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  buck russell 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the best place to pick up a pair of Bestop PowerBoards for a 11' Crew F250? Noticed a couple on eBay, but wanted to see if any forum vendors had some deals. Thanks!

#2 ·
I am also interested in a set hope to hear some prices? Pm if needed Thanks

#4 ·
Maybe we can get a group buy from a vendor.... just need the vendors to chime in. Is there another place we should make a post that may get more exposure to them?

#5 ·
Usually takes a couple days for the post to surface for vendors to notice but I'm definitely interested in either bestop or amp research if my mind is correct I think they are the same! But one is quite a bit cheaper??

#6 ·
i need a pair too. not sure about the bestop but everywhere i've seen has the amps for about 1k. i'd definitely be in for a group by if we could get a good deal.

#7 ·
:whs:

#9 ·
send me a price on the amps

#11 ·
They may LOOK the same, but Bestops are actually made overseas's and have a shorter warranty than the AMP's. AMP's are made in America, and have a 5 year warranty. Bestop has a 3 year warranty. YOU decide which you'd rather have. I know my choice, I bought AMP's.

#12 ·
This I didn't know.... best price I have found so far on the Bestops is $1040 Shipped and on the Amps is $1097 Shipped.

I'm definitely down to pay $50 more bucks for 2 years of warranty and the support of USA made product.

Still waiting on some Vendors. PM me if necessary. Im located 77627.

#20 ·
count me in as well!

#22 ·
powerstrokin... send me a price.

#23 ·
I purchased 3 sets of AMPs from Raul at Stealth Automotive. Last time I ordered was 2 months ago and paid $1050 shipped. Price may have dropped some. I have also installed a set of Bestop's. The boards, brackets and wire harness's are identical. The controller that goes under the hood is made different which probably means nothing. But what I did find to be different were the motors. The AMP motors appear to be a better quality. They feel and look like a more durable motor. None of the installs I have done have had any issues.

I have seen the Bestop powerboards sell on Amazon for upper $800's, but have never ordered. Not sure if shipping is free.

#25 ·
I guess I got a great deal from signatureperformance thru ebay I paid. 925.00 shipped not tax for authentic NEW original AMP steps. They even threw in the steps with the stainless mldg on them and the light kit. Really happy with them. They go lower than the factory steps. The only down fall that I see is that they don't protect the doors from rock chips like the factory steps did or dirt going into the door jambs. With out the light kit they would have done 850.00 I will post their information if anyone want to contact them see if they have any left.

Actually called signature performance tire and wheel google search will find them.

#29 ·
These were old closeouts. That's what he told me when I got mine. They were made before Amp/Bestop split ways, left in the warehouse and they bought them all and were allowed to sell them cheaper. Now they're back up right at the normal price you always see them for.

#26 ·
I've got AMP Research Powersteps on mine and couldn't be happier. Very quiet and have had several 300+ lb guys use them without any problems. Extremely easy to clean too. I love the ability to lock them in the down position while at the car wash so I can quickly blast them off. Btw, all you have to do is hold your foot on the powerstep while you shut the door. Then just open and close the door when you're done and they will automatically go back to normal functioning.

#30 ·
I just got off the phone with Jason @ Signature. He did $975 shipped to Texas. (They are out of California) That includes the light kit. He had them in stock so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. If anyone else is looking for some, he can be reached at 714-547-5137.

#33 ·
These were old closeouts. That's what he told me when I got mine. They were made before Amp/Bestop Trektop split ways, left in the warehouse and they bought them all and were allowed to sell them cheaper. Now they're back up right at the normal price you always see them for.
That is totally awesome! A price worth paying for these kind of items. should have this is earlier. I purchased a running board from truckaddons. Didn't know I could get a discount price like this. It cost me $1,148.50. It is all brand new and automatic that hides underneath my truck when doors are closed and extends to meet your foot when door opens.

#34 ·
Autoanything will have 20% off with free shipping on occasion. I paid 960ish shipped to my my door last Thanksgiving for AMP steps.

#35 ·
After performing countless hours of research on this issue, I called my buddy who has 20+ years experience working in the truck/jeep aftermarket industry. He told me that the bestop steps had more issues (roughly 3 to 1) than the AMP power steps. Just wanted to throw my two cents in here as it's a costly purchase and it's not only a purchase, it's an investment. Buy nice or buy twice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.