Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anybody running Goodyear Duratracks

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Short Bus 
#1 ·
Anybody having good luck with the goodyears I have been running atz but the sidewalls keep busting after half tread?

#2 ·
I have had 2 sets on my 6.7 and they have been awesome. By far the best winter traction tire I have found in the 20" rim size. Very very rarely ever have to put the truck in 4x4. I tow lots of trailers, mini excavators, well drilling trailers etc and they seem to do well in the mud as well. As far as life goes hard form me to say good or bad, as I only get 20-25,000 miles out of set of tires. Its been that way since my first powerstroke in 2001, And those Wrangler Dura tracs last at least that long so for me they wear well. Bit to someone else that is probably bad mileage. The sidewalls seem to be holding good as well, no noticable broken cords.

#4 ·
I agree with sledhead. Great winter traction. Good on and offroad. I'm happy with them.

#6 ·
I have 80000 on my truck after the stock set went I got a set of these good on and off road not too loud, I remember when I first got em I thought I'd lost a wheel bearing or something but it was just the tires being new and ... slippery? haha I hate that new tire feeling I sometimes think I'm imagining it.

ANYWAYS I've had them all my mileage except for first set and the set of hankooks I have now which I got because I figured maybe I could find a better tire for mileage since winter was over. But they were a good tire I might go back later (and I agree with everyone elses mieage reports)

#7 ·
2 guys and myself have these and my buddy has a little over 40k on them. He will need to replace before winter this year but plenty of tread for the summer. By no means are they near bald. We both pull big TT but thats about it for towing.

Tim

#10 ·
I have 315/75/16 Duratracs on my 02 and friggin love them, best tire I've ever had, by far. Plowing, winter snow/ice traction is great, sand, mud water, on or off road. Love them. Wear isn't too bad so far, either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.